Experienced Occupational Psychologist
Whilst Zoe watches with glee as Dr Who battles the Daleks, Sandeep sits with baited breath as the Strictly Come Dancing winner is revealed. Mike teaches his children and Kim checks for snow…. All using BBC creativity, technology and innovation.
From Shaun the Sheep to groundbreaking news, BBC iplayer to The Queens’s Christmas Broadcast, behind the scenes there are spectacular individuals ensuring the health and wellbeing of these individuals and teams, aiding them in their quest to produce world-class media content.
Are you the talented and experienced individual who can take on and conquer the psychological wellbeing challenges that a global organisation demands?
The BBC is looking for an experienced occupational psychologist to join our team.
The successful applicant will join the Health Team, providing specialist advice and support to the BBC by guiding strategy, delivering training and writing content, working across the breadth of the business.
- You will sit within the Health Team, part of the wider Safety, Security and Resilience Team
- You will work alongside, and report to the Head of Medical Affairs.
- You will work alongside the SSR specialist.
- You will be jointly responsible for the Mental Health Strategy for the wellbeing of staff, in conjunction with the Head of Medical Affairs and HR.
- You will be responsible for assisting the assessment psychological risk to staff from general work and specialist activities.
- You will lead the assessment and advise on further steps needed to ensure the psychological wellbeing of programme contributors.
- You will assist the quality assurance of our key deliverables relating to mental health- preventing issues, building resilience and providing support.
- You will be responsible for proposing, designing, creating, and delivering psychological health content to align with the organisations wellbeing commitments.
- You will be responsible for providing proactive support for colleagues.
- You will lead and be responsible for the Mental Health First Aiders programme and be responsible for ensuring appropriate supervision and assurance.
- You will provide guidance, training and information to other teams regarding mental health wellbeing.
- You will work with teams to support them in becoming more successful and effective in delivering their organisational objectives, while also enhancing their personal wellbeing.
- You will Work in partnership with wider specialist teams such as the safety team and HR to manage and deliver more complex specialist projects and deliverables
- You will advise on psychological risk mitigation to staff and third parties
- You will Work with teams to support them in becoming more successful and effective in delivering their organisational objectives, while also enhancing their wellbeing.
For further role specific information please see the Appendix section on the attached Job Description.
The Ideal Candidate
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- To be registered as an Occupational Psychologist with the BPS
- To be educated to Masters level in Occupational Psychology
- A proven track record
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance and operating procedures across own discipline within SSR
- Proven experience of personal involvement in the management of specialism within diverse organisation
- Sufficient breadth of specialist knowledge in the specialist subject/discipline to advise on specialist subject, risk management and legalisation.
- Ability to analyse or/and investigate and contextualise complex issues, identify key points to be addressed and develop effective, practical and simple plans to resolve problems
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to present clear and concise professional communications to a range of audiences within the BBC, and to external agencies as necessary
- The ability to take initiative and work proactively and independently when required
- Communications/ Media Industry experience
Please right click here to access the job description - SSR Specialist Occ Phychologist.pdf