HMP Parc, Bridgend
£55,000 per annum, pro-rata
Part time – 32 hours per week
G4S is a large and diverse company and is involved in many innovative and interesting developments. We now have an opportunity for a Forensic Psychologist to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
- Complete Parole Board directed work and attend subsequent hearings to provide expert witness testimony.
- Complete a variety of psychological assessments in order to support management plans and aid decision making about complex cases within the establishment.
- Undertake and supervise one to one intervention work with prisoners.
- Provide clinical supervision and training to Forensic Psychology placement students completing the HCPC route to registration.
- Provide advice and consultancy to prison staff on managing complex cases.
- Support the strategic direction of the establishment by providing psychological advice and consultancy to the Senior Management Team.
- Attend the local Interventions and Research Panel quarterly meetings and actively support NOMS approved research projects within the establishment.
- Maintain a Psychology referral and record database and ensure that all related documentation is stored in line data protection guidelines.
- To undertake training where required to increase staff awareness of relevant issues and to develop staff skills in order to support effective assessment processes.
- To support the Offender Management Unit in the range of mandatory work undertaken.
As a Forensic Psychologist you will provide forensic psychology services, strategic advice, clinical supervision and support at HMP/YOI Parc.
It is essential that you are qualified as a Chartered or Registered Forensic Psychologist, or Clinical Psychologist with forensic experience. You must have the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Current registration with the Health and Care Professional Council is vital.
Previous experience of working in a singleton post as a Registered Psychologist is desirable along with experience of providing expert testimony in a court or parole board setting. Two years post qualification experience would be an advantage.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. You will be required to attend a Security Vetting Interview and achieve satisfactory Security Clearance. You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.
Here at G4S we are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please visit our online careers portal at: http://careers.g4s.com/jobs/Forensic-Psychologist_81644/
Closing date: 27th January 2017
Location: HMP Parc, Heol Hopcyn John, Coity, Bridgend CF35 6AP