Critical Thinkers is a soon to be launched social enterprise, with the mission of empowering the next generation to become more resilient, emotionally intelligent and, in turn, more effective critical thinkers.
Gone are the days where it is enough for school students to simply memorise facts or specific skills that can later be applied in the workplace. Times are changing faster than ever before and experts warn that advances in technology will make many traditional jobs obsolete. Modern jobs will require a desire for continuous learning, creativity, problem solving and challenge. Hence, developing one’s resilience, emotional intelligence and critical thinking skills has never been more important.
Here at Critical Thinkers, we are a fast growing team of psychologists, teachers and social entrepreneurs striving to empower the next generation to become better prepared for further studies at university, as well as the 21st century jobs market.
We are looking to partner with freelance course presenters to assist in the delivery of content covering the following themes:
1. Understanding the psychology of purpose; Setting goals, embracing and understanding the benefits of stress and challenge. Appreciating that not all stress is bad and is often needed in order to feel a sense of meaning and achievement.
2. Adopting a growth mind-set, taking calculated risks and the importance of breaking comfort zones.
3. Review of personality types and how they influence our view of the world, motivation and relationships with others.
4. Learning the key tools behind cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), so people learn to call themselves out and think more critically.
5. Developing emotional intelligence with a particular focus on positive psychology, listening skills, empathy, self-regulation, mindfulness, self-awareness, confidence, managing conflict, defensiveness and collaborative negotiation.
6. A look at what is taught in marketing and journalism courses to increase viewer engagement in both traditional and social media. Plus, how to critically review news sources, whilst keeping emotions in check.
7. Understanding the positive and negative impacts of groupthink, cognitive bias, tribalism, polarisation and “call out culture.”
8. The benefits of exercise, sleep and healthy eating and how this can have significant benefits towards your emotional wellbeing.
9. Neuroscience and its relationship with much of the above.
10. Managing and implementing cultural change in schools
Do any of these topics resonate with you? Perhaps you are a psychologist or teacher who has a wealth of relevant knowledge, but doesn’t yet have the reach within schools to make a meaningful difference? Whether you are looking for part-time or full-time work, there are a variety of options available which can be tailored to suit your own individual needs.
You can find out more on the application process, in the provided URL. Alternatively, if you have any queries or suggestions please feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org