Would you like the opportunity to contribute to the fight against serious and organised crime?
Serious and organised crime is one of the gravest threats to the UK's national security. The National Crime Agency sits at the heart of the law enforcement response, protecting the public by disrupting and bringing to justice those serious and organised criminals who pose the highest risk to the UK.
G3 Applied Psychologist – Human Resources
In order to support the National Crime Agency’s dedicated workforce, we currently have a number of exciting opportunities for experienced Health Care Professional Council (HCPC) registered clinical or counselling psychologists to join our Psychological team within the Occupational Health & Wellbeing setting.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- You will have experience of (min. 3 years) and be able to apply best practice methods and develop, bespoke time limited interventions, when carrying out pre-employment / placement and routine psychological assessments. In addition to writing and delivering workshops and promotional material relating to wellbeing and mental health
- You will be expected to work as part of a dedicated team, in conjunction with other medical professionals, to ensure that the medical and psychological requirements of a diverse workforce of approximately 4,500 officers are met. Where possible and depending on business needs, you will also have the opportunity to develop pro-active interventions and engage in assignments within business areas across the agency
- A flexible approach is required, as there may be travel within the role depending upon business need as appropriate. Where possible this is planned in advance.
To be considered you will need to successfully complete an SC enhanced clearance before commencing the role.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
We are looking for candidates with the below knowledge/experience:
- Expertise in physiological risk assessment, formulation and mitigation management in an occupational setting in accordance to the clinical governance.
- Evidence of advising managers at all levels, especially implementation of psychological workplace adjustments as required.
- Evidence of expertise in two or more types of evidence based psychological therapies (preferably one or both of which may be CBT, EMDR or trauma focused), and models of psychopathology
- Evidence of significant experience in a supportive role e.g. management, supervision
- Practicing clinician with at least three years post qualification experience
- Experience in developing specialised programmes of care/ care packages/ provision of highly specialised advice concerning care.
- Experience of teaching, training and supervision of applied psychologists and other therapy staff
- Experience in CBT or EMDR therapy, especially working with trauma.
- Doctoral level training in Clinical or Counselling psychology
- Current registration with the Health Care Professional Council as a clinical or counselling psychologist with a minimum of three years’ experience.
For a full list of the criteria we are looking for please refer to the links in the job description.
If you are an active police pension member immediately prior to joining the NCA, you can continue you membership throughout your employment with us as if you were a serving police officer. If you do remain an active member and subsequently return to a police force, you should be able to continue your membership there too.
- 26 days’ annual leave on entry, increasing to 31 days after 5 years’ service. This is in addition to 8 public holidays;
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous paid maternity and paternity leave which is notably more than the statutory minimum offered by many other employers;
- Interest-free loans allowing you to spread the cost of an annual travel season ticket;
- The opportunity to use onsite facilities including fitness facilities and staff canteens
- Occupational sick pay
Roles based in London will receive an additional London Weighting of £3,339.
To apply: Please click the Apply Now button below
Closing Date: 29:59 Monday 6th January 2020