PCL is a firm of leading business psychologists specialising in effective HR assessment solutions. We work with clients globally to enhance their employee recruitment, development and engagement decisions, as well as to harness the power of their leaders. With over 20 years’ experience, we are committed to providing solutions that are underpinned by cutting-edge research. Our reputation is built on delivering world-class innovations that have helped to significantly increase organisational effectiveness.
We have a great opportunity for a Graduate Occupational Psychologist who is interested in assessment. PCL is committed to high quality assessment solutions for its clients, both bespoke and off the shelf. This position provides an excellent starting point for a career in assessment encompassing both the application of psychometric assessments and delivery of client solutions.
We need a Graduate Occupational Psychologist to deliver training and assessment for the BPS qualification: Test User Ability and Personality, to assist the Senior and Managing Consultants in providing assessment solutions and consultancy projects, and to maintain excellent client relations.
The Graduate Occupational Psychologist will be required to fulfil the following duties:
Professional services, including:
1. Delivery of our BPS TUA and TUP courses, including training and marking assessment portfolios.
2. Assisting with the delivery of consultancy projects. This could include individual assessments for selection and development, report writing, delivering feedbacks, helping to write proposals, assisting with the design and implementation of research projects (e.g. validation studies or bespoke assessment solutions).
3. Learning to deliver feedback on a range of psychometrics such as Risk Type Compass, EQi, and the Hogan tools.
Product development work:
Assisting with quality checks on any updates to our online assessment solutions.
You would be expected to familiarise yourself with all PCL products and services, their content and their prices, to provide knowledgeable customer support.
Business development, including:
1. Enquiry handling
2. Helping other consultants to prepare proposals, tenders and presentation materials
3. Responding to client leads and enquiries
4. Meeting clients and delivering presentations
We would provide you with a supervisor and support you through the Chartership process.
The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, disciplined, keen to learn, eager to stay up-to-date with current research in psychometrics, and able to work well in a small team.
Knowledge & experience
The successful candidate will need to have an MSc in Organisational Psychology, ideally hold the BPS TUA and TUP qualification, be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SPSS and generally feel extremely comfortable finding their way around computer systems. Experience of office life and basic office procedures would be a significant advantage as would qualifications in some or all of our assessment products (especially Hogan).
This job is based in Tunbridge Wells, would suit someone with at least 6 months post MSc work experience, and will require some travel.