Are you a Psychology Graduate looking to kick-start your career and gain clinical experience within the health care industry?
We are currently recruiting for Psychology Graduates to join our growing and dynamic team of Support Workers within our Hospital Services. You will be providing the highest standards of care to adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, challenging behaviours and users with some complex forensic history.
We are a Specialist Health and Social Care provider based in the South East of England and London. Our Key Focus is to support individuals with complex and challenging needs to maximize their independence to live a meaningful and fulfilling life.
Our Graduate Programme
Bramley Health is developing its bespoke 2 Year Psychology Graduate Programme that will provide new graduates with the knowledge, skills and experience needed to progress their careers in Psychology. Graduates will have a dedicated Trainer / Mentor to guide them through their formal learning and will also have the opportunity to work with members of our Multi-Disciplinary Teams (MDT) to gain clinical experience.
As a Graduate Support Worker, you will be responsible for the provision of support and empowerment to our Service Users to improve their ability to make positive choices whilst also enabling them to achieve a degree of independence. You will be offering continuity of care whilst ensuring that the service users’ social, cultural, spiritual and physical needs are met to the highest possible CQC/Care Standards.
- Be a Key Worker to specified individuals and assist in the development of Person Centered Plan to reflect the lifestyles and choices of the service user.
- Participate in assessing needs and planning, facilitating and evaluating the residents’ care program and reviews. This involves the responsibilities for carrying out the administrative tasks associated with the care planning recording systems.
- Assist in the assessment of risk and the development of guidelines which aim to manage and reduce risk.
- Actively participate and provide a full range of rehabilitation support and care that is tailored to each service user.
- Support the service users to develop and maintain friendships and relationships with others (including relatives), ensuring you act in a professional and confidential manner at all times.
- Assist in Monitoring of health and behaviour of service users reporting any changes to the shift co-ordinator or the service manager.
- Help and support service users to understand and meet their emotional, racial, cultural and religious needs and preferences whilst maintaining the privacy, dignity and respect at all times.
- Support the service users to plan and choose activities such as trips, leisure pursuits, and educational / vocational trips and accompany them if desired. Undertake escort duties as required.
- Involve and support the service users in the undertaking of household tasks as appropriate to the individual.
- Be aware of and respond to specific needs arising from the residents gender, age, sexuality and disability.
- Assist residents with preparing meals and with self-care as required, supervise and administer medication in accordance with service policy.
- Effectively communicate with other staff both verbally and in writing. This to include handovers, completion of logs, diary and record writing.
- Work as a member of the team to create a homely and stimulating environment that is safe and clean. This includes reporting any hazard or maintenance work that needs carrying out.
- Administer and record transactions relating to petty cash accordance with the company’s procedure, alerting the Service Manager of any discrepancies or suspicions of financial misdemeanours.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Training and Advancement Opportunities
- Career Progression Opportunities and a Great Environment to Work
- Company pension scheme
- Refer a friend Scheme with financial incentives.
- A degree in Psychology or just about to graduate.
For more information about our Services please visit our website on www.bramleyhealth.co.uk