The Together Trust cares for and champions the rights, needs and ambitions of children, adults and families who need additional support.
Every year we support thousands of people who have autism, learning disabilities or complex needs to lead happy, fulfilled lives.
In line with the strategic direction of the Together Trust alongside ongoing service growth and development we are expanding our Operational Leadership Team to incorporate a Head of Clinical Services.
The post holder will oversee all areas of Applied Psychology, Therapeutic Services and Positive Behaviour Support within the Together Trust.
This role will require the post holder to continue the development and implementation of an organisational plan in keeping with the vision and values of this virtual service.
The post holder is responsible for Clinical Governance to the Service Director and the Board of Trustees and is required to collect, analyse and report on relevant key performance data .
The role includes the development and maintenance of service level agreements, both internal and external to the Trust, ensuring that service needs are met and resources are used appropriately. In fulfilling this is responsibility the postholder works with the Trust’s Business Development team and colleagues across the organisation to develop the quality of the services offered alongside marketing our resources to the external market.
There is also accountability for setting service budgets and ensuring that these are maintained.
This is an exciting challenge, building upon the work of the previous postholder, and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to shape and develop a clear cross-organisation service for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Degree in relevant profession (Clinical or Educational Psychology, Speech or Occupational Therapy, Nursing etc) recognized by relevant professional body as allowing the individual to practice in their field
- Professional knowledge acquired by specialist training to postgraduate level, management qualification or equivalent experience
- Understanding of clinical governance and commissioning
- A strong understanding of multidisciplinary issues and a commitment to multidisciplinary working
- Experience of working with statutory & voluntary agencies and in-depth experience of effective multi-agency working
- Extensive experience of working with children or young people with complex needs including learning disability, developmental disorders, attachment difficulties and/or mental health problems
- Experience of undertaking audits and of undertaking Personal Development
Reviews for staff
- Ability to manage a complex workload and deliver to the required timescales
- Ability to lead policy development
- Highly developed communication skills, written, verbal and presentation, able to give constructive feedback
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of personal professional autonomy and accountability