The Department of Psychology at the National University of Singapore (http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/psy/) invites applications for the position of its Head of Department, with the appointment expected to be made at the level of Full Professor. Area of research specialization is open.
The Department of Psychology has grown rapidly in the past few years and currently includes more than 40 full-time PhD-level academic staff. We seek an internationally prominent scholar to continue the department’s development and lead it to new heights. Applicants must have a PhD in psychology, an internationally recognised research programme, excellent communication skills, dedication to academic excellence and collegiality, and outstanding management and administrative skills. The ideal candidate will also have experience in departmental or university leadership positions.
Remuneration is competitive and includes medical and other benefits. Significant research start-up funding is also available.
Applicants should submit the following materials online at this website: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/8892
- NUS Personal Particulars Form (downloadable from http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/psy/about.html#job-opportunities)
- NUS Personal Data Consent Form for Job Applicants (downloadable from http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/psy/about.html#job-opportunities)
- Full CV
- A statement of administrative experience and leadership.
- A statement (maximum 3 pages) of teaching philosophy and methodology.
- Evidence of teaching ability such as student feedback or peer review reports. Evidence of other contributions to education (e.g. curriculum development, pedagogical innovation, production of teaching material) should be provided where available.
- A statement (maximum 3 pages) of major accomplishments in research, citing up to five significant publications, creative work or other scholarly contributions, and explaining their significance. Sample copies of these contributions should be provided where possible (in the case of books, reviews should be provided).
- Citation analysis (excluding self-citations and in the case of co-authored work, cross-citations) and impact analysis of research output, highlighting papers with the highest citation counts, and creative works with high impact.
- A list of 6 external referees (names, contact details, applicant’s relationship to them)
Application closes 31 March 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Informal inquiries can be directed to Associate Professor Sim Tick Ngee, Head of Department, at email@example.com.