Head of Mental Health
At One Housing, we don’t only believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. We also believe that everyone deserves to realise their full potential and lead a fulfilling life.
Our Mental Health team is vital to helping us deliver on this vision. We work to transform the life experience of people with mental health support needs. The support we provide is delivered in a range of settings (like supported housing, assessment centres and outreach) and our customers’ support needs can include psychosis, forensic and personality disorders.
Join our Mental Health team as the Head of Mental Health
We have spent the last 10 years designing our services to be fully psychologically informed. Most of our services have specialist therapeutic input and colleagues have access to specialised mental health training delivered by MH professionals. All our services provide regular reflective practice spaces to our colleagues to formulate complex cases and find constructive ways forward. All these measures make us the ideal partner for NHS trusts across London with whom we deliver several integrated services.
We believe in providing care and support to our clients that will enable them to make informed decisions about their life that will increase their sense of wellbeing: this might be greater independence, better coping strategies or a richer network and sense of self achievement.
We offer you the chance to develop your own skills through regular line management supervision, reflective practice, access to a ten-day course on relevant mental health topics and working together with your specialist colleagues.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We are looking for a Head of Mental Health to take things to the next level. This role is key in managing new business opportunities which have been acquired, developing strategic partnerships and the operational management of a range of mental health contracts. There will be a focus on our new five-year operating plan to expand our NHS partnerships, including the remodelling of existing services.
- Location: Camden with travel to services as required
- Salary: £60,000- £62,000 per annum
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide a senior operational lead and knowledge for a range of mental health services, developing our expertise to lead the field in innovative practice and high professional standards.
- Provide high level technical expertise and understanding across the range of mental health contracts to underpin the portfolio of services.
- Support the Strategic Head of Mental Health to help develop services and models that corporate and single customers want to buy at a price that offers business viability and that customers will purchase at an appropriate volume.
- Ensure services are delivering safe, delivering effective, high quality care & support with a continuous focus on improvement.
- Lead oversight of safeguarding cases and serious incidents within the division
- Deliver services in compliance with appropriate statutory regulation, best practice, and contract specification
- Conduct regular audits for services, overseeing and implementing any subsequent actions to drive improvement
- Build, develop, and maintain key business, strategic and partnership relationships.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience at a similar level and be able to demonstrate that you have a background delivering strategic change to a mental health department.
- Strong leadership skills to be able to lead and motivate direct reports. Be able to innovate and support staff development across the division.
- Experience in simultaneously managing a variety of mental health services
- Excellent financial/ budget management skills
- Extensive knowledge of current legislation and best practice in mental health services, and the ability to use this knowledge to develop staff and services.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
Salary: £60,000-£62,000 per annum
Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
If you feel like you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please click apply below and start your journey on the road to a more fulfilling career.