Location: Tedworth House, Tidworth, Wiltshire. Flexibility is being offered for remote working
Help for Heroes (H4H) supports veterans and serving personnel who have been wounded or injured, or have become sick, as a result of serving their country. Additionally their families and dependents receive support from the Charity as they care for their loved one, and adapt to the new challenges that they face. The primary focus is on those who have become wounded, injured or sick during, or as a consequence of their military service.
An exciting opportunity has been created for a Head of Psychological Wellbeing to lead the strategic development and delivery of the H4H Psychological Wellbeing Service including its strategic positioning in the veterans’ mental health sector.
This critical role will sit at the heart of this leading Charity.
- To determine the strategic positioning of the Psychological Wellbeing Service at H4H
- To determine the delivery framework and scope of psychological wellbeing teams across H4H recovery
- To oversee risk alongside the clinical lead to ensure the service is delivering against best practice across all remits of risk and safeguarding
- To initiate innovative ideas and new project developments to the psychological wellbeing domain and ensure H4H can continue to deliver a relevant service to their beneficiaries
- To contribute to the overall development of recovery to ensure that psychological wellbeing is integral to the future of H4H Services
- To be the subject matter expert for mental health and psychological wellbeing within H4H
- Must be a qualified Psychologist BPS/BACP/HCHP registered with knowledge, understanding and experience of military related mental health
- A strong leader with excellent management, influencing and relationship building skills with the ability to work in a matrix multi-site environment
- A first class communicator and presenter with the confidence, credibility and gravitas to represent the charity externally