Location: Icanho, Stowmarket Suffolk IP14 1SZ
Contract Type: Full time or part time - Permanent
Contractual Hours and Weeks: 37.5 or 22.5
Interview Dates: 10th August 2017
Closing Date: 28 Jul 2017 11:45PM
Livability is a national Christian disability and community engagement charity that delivers a variety of community projects, disability care services and training resources across the UK.
Our vision is of a transformed society where disabled and disadvantaged people can live life to the full.
We have an exciting opportunity for a head of clinical psychology to join our innovative Interdisciplinary Community Neurorehabilitation Service, with a national reputation.
Icanho provides a specialised rehabilitation service for adults with acquired brain injury and strokes. We work with people once they have completed the early phase of their treatment. Our service is community-based, centred in Stowmarket with a satellite service in the Waveney Valley.
The service offers interdisciplinary assessment, treatment and advice, including physiotherapy, speech and language therapy and occupational therapy.
You will be responsible for the provision of a specialist clinical service to our clients and carers. Some of the main duties are:
• To lead the Clinical Psychology department and contribute to service development
• To provide highly specialist clinical psychological/ neuropsychological assessment of clients,
• To formulate and implement plans with individuals, groups, families and carers for the formal treatment and/or management of a client’s psychological problems, including discharge planning;
• To ensure the provision of clinical and professional PRP and supervision of qualified and unqualified psychologists/counsellors at Icanho;
The ideal candidate will have worked in a neuropsychological assessment and rehabilitation service with previous experience of delivery and development of clinical services for clients.
To be successful in this role is essential that you have:
• A doctorate in Clinical Psychology
• The ability to provide interpretation and integration of complex psychological data from a variety of sources.
• Solid experience of interdisciplinary and multiagency working [including working with GPs; acute hospitals and interfacing with Primary and Secondary Mental Health Services. Ideally you would also have obtained the QiCN
In return, you will be part of an innovative and modern service that changes people’s lives. Livability Icanho is committed to CPD and clinical supervision, and keen to encourage research and establish links with academic institutions
We offer a range of benefits including a generous annual leave scheme, a pension scheme, childcare and eye care voucher scheme, flexible working, employee assistance programme, fitness and social initiatives.
How to Apply
Livability is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Livability is committed to Disability Confident Scheme and to equal opportunities therefore we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation
For further information about the role please contact Hilary Davison, Dr Rosemary Gravell, or Julie O’Brien on 01449 774161.
For any technical issues with your application please contact the Recruitment team on 0207 452 20 73 or 2139 or email email@example.com quoting the job ref GGL1-614
For a full job description and to apply, please click on Apply Now below