Head of Psychology Department
(Permanent / Full Time)
Saint John of God Hospital, Co Dublin, Ireland, is an independent 183 bed acute psychiatric teaching hospital, is one of the leading European providers in mental healthcare treatment services. The Hospital currently provides assessment and treatment for adolescents, adults and later life patients referred with Mental Health Needs. This includes Anxiety and Mood Disorders, Psychotic Disorders, Eating Disorders and Addictions.
Saint John of God Hospital is seeking to recruit an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic Principal Psychologist to lead and be responsible for the effective delivery of quality psychology services as well as continue to develop the Psychology Services at Saint John of God Hospital.
• The Head of the Psychology Department will be a member of the multi-disciplinary management team working with Senior Management and the Heads of Clinical Departments, to ensure a co-ordinated and comprehensive service delivery and provide effective communication with all stakeholders; with the aim of providing integrated care to service users.
• The successful candidate will contribute significantly to service planning, development, evaluation and quality initiatives.
• Applicants must have a recognised post graduate qualification in Clinical / Counselling Psychology with extensive experience in Adult Mental Health as a Senior Psychologist.
• Leadership qualities and experience are essential.
• Ongoing involvement in research is essential.
Job Descriptions are available on request by contacting the HR Department – 00353 1 2771509
Informal enquiries to Dr Richard Blennerhassett, Clinical Director on 00353 1 2771514
To apply please forward full curriculum vitae and covering letter to: Adrian Doherty Human Resources Officer, Saint John of God Hospital Stillorgan, Co. Dublin. Ireland
Closing date for receipt of applications is: Thursday 24th November 2016
Applications will be short-listed based on the information supplied in the Curriculum Vitae and a panel may be formed from which future vacancies will be filled.