We are a global firm of business psychologists specialising in:
- Assessment and Talent Management
- Leadership Development
- Board Effectiveness.
We combine expertise in business psychology with a focus on commercial outcomes. We are passionate about helping individuals and organisations perform at their best by realising their potential. and specialise in identifying and developing key talent and senior leaders through our three core areas of expertise.
Since 1972, we have a track record of delivering results across a variety of business sectors and geographies and are proud to have 80 of the FTSE Global 500 and 20 of the FTSE 100 as clients.
We work on major client projects with companies such as HSBC, The Body Shop, ITV, Not on the High Street, Credit Suisse, Thames Water, Deutsche Bank and Boots. Whilst based in London, we operate globally through our strategic partnerships in the Americas, Asia and the Middle East.
Our people thrive professionally and personally through having the opportunity to carve their own journey within the organisation both in the client work they undertake and by taking initiatives to help drive the shape of Kiddy itself.
We like to understand what an individual’s aspirations and interests are and ensure that their work portfolio, wherever possible, helps develop them in the areas they are interested in. We are a positive and supportive team and our culture is focused, yet informal.
In line with our vision we seek a Head of Research to:
- Conduct outcome research – typically across projects within one service line, eg assessment or leadership development, but occasionally for a specific project. Your role would be to:
- Agree a programme of research on a forward-looking basis with one of the Managing Partners but we would seek proactive input from the role holder.
- For each research study we would expect the Head of Research to:
- Formulate the research question and a suitable methodology
- Design all research instruments and conduct data collection
- Analyse and interpret results and draw defensible conclusions
- Write up the research for use by Kiddy with clients and, if agreed, for communication in professional forums
- Support the creation of research-based, thematic white papers. Your role would be to:
- Help formulate the research question and propose a suitable methodology
- Advise on the data collection methodology and, if requested, create any data collection tools
- Lead the data analysis process and contribute to the reaching of defensible conclusions
- On occasion, collaborate with consultants to write short, sharp topical ‘points of view’ suitable for communication across mediums. Your role would be to:
- Propose topics of interest to consultants where you think Kiddy has something relevant and interesting to communicate
- Collaborate on the creation of such pieces. Adapting your approach to different consultants will be helpful, but in some situations you will need to take ownership for the creation of pieces
This is a new role at Kiddy and we estimate an approximate time split as:
- Conducting outcome research: 60-65%
- Supporting the creation of research-based, thematic white papers: 25-35%
- Collaborating with consultants on topical ‘points of view’: c10%
Experience and Knowledge
- A track record in completing impressive intervention outcome research
- At a minimum understands assessment research methodologies and ideally has completed research evaluating the accuracy of assessment method(s)
- PhD in a relevant field of psychology
- Highly analytical and an incisive thinker
- High research standards but not purist; willing to compromise when must
- Able to communicate research issues concisely and impactfully
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Can identify creative but practical ideas to address search needs
- A high degree of initiative, proactivity and self-suffieciency towards driving own performance and development.
- A willingness and proven ability to work independently.
- Adaptable, quickly responding to changing demands in a positive manner.
- Persistence, drive and completer-finisher
- High attention to detail
The is a half-time role
The pay will be £60-80k pro-rated to £30-40,000 dependent on experience.
The role is a fixed term contract for 12 months, but there is potential for the role to become permanent and/or full-time depending on the impact achieved
Please send a covering email outlining why you think you would be a good match for Kiddy, a detailed CV and your current remuneration to email@example.com.