Head of Specialist Support
Based: Vauxhall, London, SW8
Salary: Circa £55-60k depending on experience, plus excellent benefits
This is a Home based role and a car allowance is provided for this post
About Leonard Cheshire
As one of the world’s leading charities for disabled people, we are at the forefront of the social care sector with a single aim to empower people to live their lives as freely and as fully as they choose.
We are the UK’s largest voluntary sector provider of services to disabled people. 90% of our care services in the UK are rated as ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ by the regulators. The Care Quality Commission in England has also assessed us as the highest quality provider in our sector.
With 5,000 staff and 9,000 volunteers supporting nearly 70,000 people in the UK and around the world, Leonard Cheshire provides support to 2,300 people in a variety of UK living services, including supported living, nursing and day centres.
About the Role
You will develop and improve our specialist support provision, ensuring it is based on the latest policy, guidance, innovation and models of practice and realises our ambition of continuous improvement and shared learning. You will lead on active support service model approaches, on assistive/personalised technology, project implementation and specialist behavioural support. You will manage relevant risk and ensure specialist regulatory compliance throughout all our registered services and enable their continuing transformation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a fully integrated range of efficient, outcome focussed and person-centred specialist services.
- Designing specialist support arrangements in adoption of the PBS academy organisational framework and in conjunction with our operational teams to mitigate behavioural risk and drive sustainable service transformation.
- Providing specialist advice, consultancy and/or supervision to our service management and staff, including oversight and assessment of behaviours, and positive behaviour support plan management.
- With our Director of Quality, develop an organisation-wide strategy for the implementation of a ‘person centred active support’ framework to embed a training model and reflective working practice to maximise opportunities for organisational learning and outcomes-focused service delivery in our services.
- Review and develop our customer involvement through co-production to improve service quality.
- Review and develop our approach to quality assurance as it relates to personalisation and service transformation.
- A formal, Masters level qualification in Applied Behaviour Analysis, Positive Behaviour Support or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of ongoing clinical training with respect to Applied Behaviour Analysis, Positive Behaviour Support, complex and multiple disabilities, and intellectual and developmental conditions.
- An accredited physical intervention trainer’s certification and experience in organisational management and review.
- Extensive experience and training in the use of personalised communication and environmental devices.
- Senior management experience in the health or social care sector, project management experience and of running specialist behavioural clinical teams.
- Experience of overseeing or supporting organisation-wide implementation of specialist training, budget holding and clinical caseload management.
- In-depth knowledge of current health and social care legislation, policy and practice, ideally within all four UK nations.
- A genuine understanding and commitment to the social model of disability.
- You will have a commitment to the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Closing Date: 11 October 2020