Post Title: Head of Therapeutic Services and Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Responsible To: Service Director
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Band 8d £67, 247 - £79, 415
Lakeside is a locked hospital providing assessment and treatment to individuals with Autism, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities. This service is in the process of developing new treatment pathways giving the opportunity for the successful applicant to contribute to a new and exciting service.
The fantastic opportunity has arisen for a proactive clinical leader to become Head of Therapies at Lakeside and shape the future service. You will be part of our senior management team joining the service director, psychiatry and managerial leads to work together to further evolve the service.
We want passionate and innovative individuals to apply who want to be a forefront of leading and developing innovative services for people with Autism, Learning Disabilities and Mental Health problems.
We are looking for a leader with senior experience in leading diverse teams and services, to ensure our existing psychology and occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and art therapy continue to grow and develop professionally. The successful candidate will be responsible for professional psychological practice and quality to ensure excellence in patient experience and outcomes, whilst contributing to and leading on areas of clinical quality and practice across the workforce. The Transforming Care Strategy is a key part of your role, as is working with CTR panels, commissioning teams and residential homes.
The successful candidate will have experience of working and providing expert supervision and consultation. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of a variety of models of consultation and have knowledge and experience of a number of different psychological and therapeutic modalities. The role will include the provision of professional supervision to senior psychological professions and clinical supervision within the successful candidate’s area of expertise as well as managerial supervision to other therapy department leads. It is also expected that the post holder will undertake a clinical work.
The successful candidate will have a key role in developing and shaping the future of Lakeside clinical services, maintaining a local, national and international knowledge of positive practice in Therapy Services across the clinical areas.
The successful applicant will have responsibility for the governance across Lakeside services and will hold responsibility for clinical and operational leaderships in relation to clinical psychology, psychotherapy, psychological approaches and other therapeutic areas such as occupational therapy and speech and language.
Why Join us?
- Annual Leave - 25 days plus bank holidays
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn £200 for referring a friend into a support worker position and £1,000 for a nurse position
- Induction - We pay you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Refreshments - free drinks and meals on shift
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
For further details about this post please contact:
Dr Victoria Vallentine – 01480 478055