This is a rewarding and challenging opportunity to work for the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. The Inquiry’s Health Directorate is recruiting a range of experienced practitioners to work within the newly-formed Support and Safeguarding team, comprising psychologists, social workers, counsellors and support workers.
This unique opportunity is for two dynamic clinicians to contribute to the work of the Inquiry by providing expert psychologically informed consultation to Inquiry staff, overseeing the provision of emotional support to victim and survivors and enabling the Inquiry to engage effectively with the public. The postholders will play a pivotal role in the establishment of the Support and Safeguarding team which will be working within a trauma-informed framework. As the roles are consultative there is little direct client contact.
It is anticipated that subject to the skills set and interest of post holders, the two roles will take leads on providing consultation and advice to different work streams and areas of project development within the Inquiry.
The post holders will be responsible for:
- Providing psychologically informed advice and consultation to staff in all strands of the Inquiry, including the Truth Project, the Investigations and the Communication and Engagement Teams
- Contributing to the development of policies and operational processes within the Inquiry
- The training and development of staff to promote a trauma-informed approach
- Case consultation including on safeguarding issues
- Acting as Duty Safeguarding Officer alongside colleagues, as part of a rota system
- Oversight and evaluation of the emotional support provided to victims and survivors engaged in the Inquiry
- Collaborative development of a clinical governance framework
- Line management and clinical supervision of clinical staff
Contract: Fixed Term
Hours: 37.5 hours Salary: £35,114 - £40,380 - with potential allowance (Equiv to Band 8a NHS salary)
Closing date: 23rd July
For further information and to apply please click HERE or on the button below