Fixed term for 30 months
About Anglia Ruskin University:
Anglia Ruskin is a vibrant workplace and our University is gaining prominence both nationally and internationally. We have ambitious plans for the future and we are determined that our students and staff will realise their full potential. Our main campuses in the cities of Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough have been transformed with major capital investment. With an annual turnover of over £200m, we are a major force for higher education and one of the largest universities in the East of England.
About the role:
You will manage a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project tasked with developing, implementing and embedding new and innovative safety management measures designed to enhance worker safety and reduce service strikes. The role requires understanding of relevant human factors and hence a minimum of a degree in Psychology or a related Social Science or Science-based degree is required, alongside prior experience of data collection, analysis and reporting/communicating research findings. A qualification or prior experience in industrial/organisational psychology and human factors research would be desirable.
The KTP project is a collaboration between Anglia Ruskin University and Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways services provider working with local authorities across the UK. KTP is one of the UK’s largest graduate recruitment programmes. It helps businesses in the UK to innovate and grow by linking them with academic organisations and a graduate (the Associate) to deliver a specific, strategic innovation project.
Although you will be employed by Anglia Ruskin University, you will be based at Ringway Jacob’s offices in Chelmsford or London. The Associate will be required to travel to Ringway offices and sites in Essex, Beds, Bucks, Cheshire and London. For the duration of the project you will be supported by senior staff at Ringway Jacobs, an expert academic team drawn from Anglia Ruskin’s School of Psychology & Sport Science and School of Engineering & the Built Environment, and a KTP Adviser (from Innovate UK). A generous training budget will be available to you to support you through the project.
The KTP Associate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Willingness to get involved in all aspects of Ringway Jacobs’ operations, including spending time on-site and engaging with senior management to fully understand the company’s culture around operations safety.
- Ability to conduct research using quantitative and qualitative data, with a clear understanding of statistical research methodologies and using statistical analysis software.
- Experience of working in an industrial environment and a willingness to spend time in the field with operatives carrying out construction work.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Ability to self-motivate and work to strict deadlines.
Safety Critical Environment – This role may involve working in a safety critical environment and therefore appointment is subject to a pre-employment health assessment, which may include drugs and alcohol screening.
For further information, including a job description and person specification and to apply, please click the Apply Now button below.
Closing date: 10 December 2018