Interim Head of Assessment & Development (12 months Maternity Cover)
Newbury based / remote working considered
We are Amberjack. Experts in future talent and volume recruitment outsourcing, technology and assessment.
We deliver unparalleled results for our clients by combining intelligent insights and innovative technology with a passion for customer and candidate experience. And the industry agrees: Recruiter Awards named us winners of the Recruitment Industry Supplier of the Year and Recruitment Technology Innovation of the Year Awards 2017. Apprenticeships 4 England named us winners of the Support to the Apprenticeship Sector Award 2017. The AGR Awards named us winners of the Graduate Assessment and Selection Strategy Award as well as winners of the Best of the Best Award 2017.
Our people make us who we are and our values are at the heart of what we do. We’re passionate collaborators, always striving for better, always doing the right thing and always accountable.
Our A&D team provide selection and development consultancy services for a diverse range of clients, from Unilever and GSK to Mars, Morrison’s, Centrica and Deloitte. They pioneer projects such as gamification of assessment solutions, innovative product design, commercial acumen tools and immersive assessment centre content.
Our consultants also conduct leading-edge Insights research. The outputs reveal which tools and success criteria are more predictive of performance in the Future Talent space.
As an interim Head of Assessment and Development, you will take the lead on our complex client projects as well as being responsible for managing a team of senior and junior consultants to deliver innovative solutions and exceptional service for our clients. You will be responsible for the quality assurance of bespoke designed selection tools and materials such as SJTs, Match-me tool, game based assessment and immersive exercises.
You’ll be confident undertaking all aspects of selection process design and act in a support and advisory role for the team and wider business.
You will play an integral role in supporting new business efforts including attending client meetings and pitches as well as writing proposals or inputting into tenders.
Overall profitability for A&D will also be on your agenda. You’ll need have good commercial awareness to understand how projects should be run effectively to ensure margin control.
Who we’re looking for:
You’ll have a background in occupational or business psychology or assessment for selection. You’ll also need to be registered as an Occupational Test User: Ability and Personality. Experience of people management is also required.
- Up to date technical knowledge of innovative assessment for selection tools and processes
- Proven track record of leading high-level assessment projects
- Developing competency models/assessment frameworks from first principles Designing immersive selection tools and materials
- Good knowledge of psychometric products
- Carrying out new project activity including conducting scoping/diagnostic meetings, writing proposals and delivering presentations (ideally this will have been gained in a client facing context but we will also consider equivalent in-house experience)
- Project managing assessment design activities
- A working knowledge of SPSS or similar
- A working knowledge of the Early Talent recruitment market and how this compares to experienced hire recruitment
- Presenting at industry events/conferences.
- Great influencing and relationship-building skills
- Detail conscious/ability to quality control work and the ability to coach and support others
- Previous experience working in a Head of Assessment role
The sort of person you’ll be:
- Collaborative. We pride ourselves on the strong partnerships we build with our clients. These are powered by the efforts of all our delivery teams who work together to deliver the best solutions to our clients.
- Flexible and resilient. This is a client-facing, project-based role. As such, goalposts shift from time to time and you’ll need to be able to take this in your stride and maintain enthusiasm for your work.
- Able to work autonomously. You’ll have the support of the Managing Director but you’ll need to be comfortable making decisions on your own.
- Commercial. It’s importance to balance the application of occupational psychology principles against the need for efficiency and innovation.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a collaborative, open and friendly working environment, and great opportunities for personal and professional development.
For an informal chat, or if you’d like to put yourself forward for the role, please email a supporting statement demonstrating your suitability for the position together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th November 2017..
Our people define who we are, and our values are at the heart of what we do. And our clients agree. We’re passionate collaborators… always striving for better… doing the right thing… always accountable. Ability with agility. www.weareamberjack.com