Lexxic is a Consultancy specialising in providing dyslexia and related services to adults aimed at unlocking the potential of individuals. We also provide services in areas related to Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, ADHD, Cognitive Processing Difficulties, Mental Health and Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
Lexxic is based in London, but delivers services across the UK and online services worldwide.
Lexxic currently has an exciting opportunity for someone with high levels of initiative and self-motivation who is passionate about customer service and interested in the areas of diversity and wellbeing.
This is a dual role.
As a Junior Assistant Psychologist, you will have a relevant Psychology degree plus MSc in Occupational Psychology.
You will have experience of supporting individuals with specific learning difficulties, such as dyslexia, or mental health conditions, and delivering training/coaching. You will also have strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and know how to manage your time.
The role would also include (but is not restricted to) conducting the following tasks in relation to various areas including Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, ADHD, ASD, Cognitive Processing Difficulties, and Mental Health:
- Supporting with the psychological aspects of the business, such as delivering assessments and coaching
- Writing and proofreading reports
- Delivering training and coaching
- Supporting colleagues with their workload
- Supporting meet-ups in your area
- Educating clients about our services in relation to business development activity for the business
- You will have relevant or transferable experience of working with clients in a busy environment.
As a Case Manager, your role will be about providing a professional and personal service to our Clients.
Specific duties will include the following:
- Working and supporting psychologists
- Educating customers in our services
- Case Management of referrals to the organisation which includes diary management
- Answering and fielding client queries and organising appointments
- Supporting with the organisation of conferences and marketing services to key stakeholders
- Support with maintaining a new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Booking travel, accommodation and rooms for Assessors
- Supporting with answering e-learning queries, developing the service model tracking and collating data and supporting with the delivery of our online services
- Managing the enquiry inbox
- Ordering equipment and software for Clients and Lexxic
- Raising invoices
- General office management
Working hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.30pm
Salary: £20,000 to £23,000 per year depending on experience There is also the opportunity to work towards the qualification of a Chartered Occupational Psychologist (Stage 2).
How to Apply: Send a one page cover letter, explaining why you are suitable for the job role, plus your CV to Cise Jalali (contact details below). Please note: this is for a role based in London, if you are wanting to relocate then please make this clear in your cover letter.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 17th December 2018
Contact Name: Cise Jalali Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Lexxic Website address: http://www.lexxic.com
Lexxic is an equal opportunities employer.