Are an experienced Psychologist with a background in clinical, counselling or forensic settings, where you can make a difference and change lives for the better, then join the team at Sturt House in Walton-on-the-Hill and enjoy support from a regional network of psychologists.
You will join Hilton, the Hospital Director and the wider multidisciplinary team to provide mental health treatment for males aged 18 and over within a recovery-focused rehabilitation unit. Working as part of a team, you will provide individualised care and treatment utilising least restrictive practice principles and safe practice to support Service Users in their recovery.
Working alongside the psychology department, you will be responsible for individual and group interventions, diagnostic and assessments, MDT working, risk assessments and giving psychological advice. You will also facilitate staff reflective practice sessions and be requested to design and deliver training.
As a Lead Clinical/Forensic Psychologist, you will have a range of specialised skills in the assessment, treatment and management of offenders with mental health needs. You will carry complex caseloads which will see you accessing their needs and designing and delivering specialist psychological treatments to support their care plans.
At Elysium, we want the best for you. That’s why you will have continuous access to a range of training courses, from Schema Therapy and DBT to becoming a specialist in your expertise, you'll be able to reach your career goals. After all, a better you means better care. That’s what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
- To provide evidence-based approaches for new clinical initiatives
- Conduct research and audits to identify new treatments, approaches and ways of working
- Be aware and promote new and innovative approaches to managing complex cases and new service developments
- Develop and manage programmes and innovative therapeutic approaches
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- At least 2 years’ experience of providing specialist assessments and interventions to individuals and groups using models such as CBT, DBT, ACT and Schema therapy
- Knowledge of legislation and its implications for the profession and the client groups we work with.
- Successful completion of a Doctorate level qualification in applied psychology
- Registration with the HCPC as a Practitioner Psychologist and Charterable status with the British Psychological Society
- Experience (either pre-training, on training, or subsequently) of working with a similar caseload and/or environment
- Experience using CBT skills and administration and interpretation of structured professional risk assessment (e.g. HCR-20) and common cognitive/intellectual psychometric tests (e.g. WAIS-IV).
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £50,000
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.