You will be working at the Farndon Unit, a purpose-built low secure hospital (with locked rehabilitation ward) in Newark which offers personalised assessment and recovery-based treatment pathways, including a trauma-specific pathway, for women personality disorder and/or complex mental health conditions.
Reporting directly to Anne the Hospital Director, you will be responsible for individual and group interventions (using models such as CBT, CFT, DBT, ACT and Schema therapy), assessment, designing specialist treatments, reflective practice, providing psychological advice and will be requested to deliver training.
As a Lead Clinical/Forensic Psychologist, you will have at least 2 years' post-qualifying experience from the NHS or in the private sector as you carry a complex caseload. You will work alongside the East Midlands Provider Collaborative and local Governance to develop innovative care and treatment plans at the service.
You will be working in an environment where there is a strong emphasis on teamwork and CPD, where you will have continuous access to a range of training opportunities to move your career forward.
- Lead on embedding the service within IMPACT provider collaborative and forensic network reviews
- Provide wider support to local step-down services as part of a pathway option for service users
- Support the ongoing delivery and embedding of TH PBS and CFT model
- Attend local governance and feedback against service delivery
- Successful completion of a Doctorate level qualification in applied psychology either through the BPS or a recognised training body, enabling registration with the HCPC as a Practitioner Psychologist
- Registration with the HCPC as a Practitioner Psychologist and Charterable status with the BPS
- Experience (either pre-training, on training, or subsequently) of working with people with complex needs
- Experience using CBT skills to address a range of clinical matters
- An awareness of other modalities and how they may be applied to the current service user population
- Knowledge in the treatment of complex trauma
- HCPC registered
- Annual salary of up to £55,000 (DOE)
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals on duty and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Flexible working opportunities
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Phil Coombes, Clinical Director. 07872150989 Email email@example.com