Lead Psychologist (Clinical / Counselling)
Location: Priory Hospital Burgess Hill (D11), Gatehouse Lane, Goddards Green, Hassocks, West Sussex, BN6 9LE
Priory Group Division: Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £63,500.00 per annum
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don’t just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn’t exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill (PHBH) supports both male and female patients with varying needs in its Specialist PD service, Low Secure, HDU and Acute Wards.
Rated as 'Good' by the CQC following their recent inspection, our site is set in 11 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside, and has educational, occupational and sporting facilities, including a sports hall, tennis court and gymnasium, along with various communal recreation areas. There is a library, art room and rehab practice kitchen. The site also facilitates and runs recovery college courses
Priory Burgess Hill hosts a number of staff events throughout the year including an annual Summer BBQ to celebrate staff long service awards. The hospital also has a well attended CPD programme and supports staff in their professional and career development.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Lead Psychologist to join our team.
Our Lead Psychologist is responsible for ensuring the systematic provision of specialist psychological input for the patients at Burgess Hill Hospital. Our adult inpatient wards provide multidisciplinary assessment and management for people presenting with complex, severe and often high-risk mental health difficulties. The Lead Psychologist is a member of a team of senior clinicians and will be called upon to oversee and provide systematic specialist psychological assessment, formulation, consultation and care planning. They will be allocated to one multidisciplinary team within the hospital but will provide interventions as required across the site. Delivering training, facilitating reflective practice and supervising colleagues will form part of the role. The post-holder will be expected actively to promote psychologically-informed conceptualisation and intervention across all teams. Contribution to service development initiatives, audit and research are expected in order to develop and maintain a high standard of professional and evidence-based practice across the hospital.
The role will provide 3 days of clinical input into our Women's Personality Disorder Service which delivers Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and so as a result experience in the delivery of DBT and trauma therapy is essential.
Skills and Experience:
- Post graduate degree and post graduate qualification in Applied Psychology and eligible for BPS chartered status or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working in mental health, with experience being a Consultant Psychologist / Head of Service
- Managerial and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 and related legislation.
- Experience of reviewing policies and procedures.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- High level of skill in at least one recognised and empirically validated psychological therapy.
- Leadership/motivational skills.
- Excellent analytic and research skills.
- IT skills.
- Able to promote effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, Audit and Clinical Governance.
- Experience of CBT, DBT and trauma
- 5 years post chartership
- HCPC registration as a Practitioner Psychologist
- To be educated to at least Masters Degree level
- Full membership of an applied division of the BPS
- Chartered Psychologist status with the BPS
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- Free Meals whilst on duty
- Free on site car parking
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Continuous learning and development
- Career development
- Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, healthcare cash plan, Shopping discounts)
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
For further information and to apply, please click the Apply Now button below