Schoen Clinic is the largest family-run hospital group in Germany, now with four specialist locations in the UK. We are renowned for providing world-class medical excellence through specialisation, multi-disciplinary care and a data-driven approach to quality and patient outcomes.
Building upon our extensive experience in mental health both in Germany and at our UK hospitals in Birmingham and York, we opened our brand new Centre for Mental Health in Chelsea in May 2019.
Schoen Clinic Chelsea offers highly specialised private day programmes treating adults, adolescents and children with eating disorders, anxiety and depression. Located in one of London’s most glamourous locations, our clinic offers comprehensive facilities that provide a range of care pathways aiming to support our patients through all stages of their recovery.
Schoen Clinic Chelsea has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual who can combine clinical expertise with a caring approach to patient care to join our team as the Lead Psychologist for Adult Anxiety and Mood Disorder Pathway.
As part of a new service, you will work with some of the UK and London’s leading consultant psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, therapists, dieticians and specialist nurses, who work together as a multi-disciplinary team for the benefit of every patient.
Our Lead Psychologist will be tasked with leading the Adult Anxiety and Mood Pathway Day Programme, running Monday to Friday with both full and half day options for patients. This role is pivotal in ensuring the content and delivery of the programme improves outcomes for our patients and continues to develop the staff team.
We are looking for someone with a passion for outstanding patient care and clinical excellence.
At Schoen Clinic we strive to deliver excellent care and treatment and have a strong quality agenda. Key-duties for the Lead Practitioner Psychologist (Anxiety and Mood Pathway) therefore include:
- Leading on the referral pathway and patient journey through the Anxiety and Mood service.
- Leading on the content and management of the Anxiety and Mood Day Programme.
- Key contributor to the MDT process of caring for patients and offering consultation and supervision on psychological practice at the clinic.
- Line managing and offering clinical supervisions to staff in the team.
- Collaborating with the other programme leads (Adult Eating Disorder and Children and Young People) as part of the Schoen Clinic leadership team (which also includes service manager, consultant psychiatrists and administration lead).
- Assessing new patients, running therapeutic groups, offering individual therapy and being available to the team in responding to and containing clinical risk.
- Contributing to the clinical governance structures, policies and processes at Schoen Clinical Chelsea.
- Contributing to the audit, service evaluation and research profile of Schoen Clinic Chelsea.
- Will be able to design and implement group and individual therapies according to best evidence.
- Will be able to design, implement and evaluate cognitive behavioural interventions according to best practice.
- Will be responsible for leading the psychology research projects from design through implementation and the dissemination of results
- Lead in the planning and organisation of educational programmes for Schoen Clinic Chelsea
- Provide education on psychological interventions for depression and mood disorders .
- Work with the Service Manager and MDT to identify areas for improvement and implement necessary change.
- Successful candidates will be experienced clinicians with excellent multidisciplinary team working and communication skills, and be interested in developing and delivering a high quality service
- Candidates should hold a current and active registration with a relevant UK Professional Body such as the UKCP, BACP, HCPC, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to use your own initiative and demonstrate leadership skills are also essential
IN RETURN WE CAN OFFER:
- Competitive salary range
- Employer matched pension scheme.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be part of new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you.
SCHOEN CLINIC BEHAVIOURS:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the level of applications we receive for each vacancy. Schoen Clinic reserves the right to offer a position to an exceptional applicant prior to the closing date of the job advert.