National Grid’s energy network transports gas and electricity to homes and businesses all over the UK. It’s an essential part of all our lives. And it needs to be continuously advanced and enhanced to meet increasing demand whilst embracing new energy solutions. That’s why we’re looking for people with the creativity and originality to drive progress. People like you.
About the role
Working for the Group Leadership and Capability Manager, the Assessment Specialist will manage the global assessment strategy for our leadership population, encompassing the areas of selection, promotion, development and talent identification. You will work with external providers to manage and maintain assessment solutions (including tender processes) for every level of leadership that align with our core capabilities, skills and leadership qualities and behaviours. You will manage and provide insight on the assessment data that is gathered and consult with the business on the best solutions available for each situation.
Other accountabilities will include:
- Periodically lead a robust evaluation process to assure the effectiveness of all assessments in order to inform continuous improvement opportunities
- Support on 360 feedback delivery where appropriate
- Manage the assessment methodology, cost, practice, strategy and guidance within the business, use assessment outputs to inform the future strategy and capability requirements
- Act as a consultant to the OD practitioners, Talent Managers, HRBP teams and key business leaders to understand the business context in which they are operating in order to enable you to recommend assessment processes and tools aligned to their specific requirements
- Diagnose behavioural and skill requirements based on future business needs
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent ideally with an occupational psychology background or qualification. A good knowledge of assessment best practice including tools, techniques and methodology is essential, coupled with experience of managing projects or programs of work. You will be able to influence others and have excellent networking and collaboration skills, as well as a demonstrable sound level of commercial acumen.
Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
The closing date for this vacancy is 19th April 2017. However, we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.