Harrison Psychology Group is currently looking to hire a fully qualified Clinical or Counselling Psychologist who is registered with HCPC and chartered by the BPS.
We value an integrative approach to psychological therapy and specifically value Mindfulness, ACT, CFT, CBT and additional Third Wave Therapies. We also highly value Psychodynamic Therapy including Existential, Humanistic and Interpersonal perspectives.
Client's seen in our practice typically present with a wide array of psychological struggles most commonly including depression, anxiety, work burnout, anger issues, relationship difficulties, obsessive compulsivity, trauma, low confidence, addiction and eating disorders.
We specialise in providing affirmative therapy for individuals within the LGBTQ+ community and, as such, actively encourage applications from positively identified LGBTQ+ practitioners and/or practitioners who maintain an in depth knowledge of issues relating to LGBTQ+ identities and who have clinical experience working affirmatively with this population.
As a practice, we pride ourselves on being flexible, down to earth, super-friendly and understanding. We practice what we preach, work hard on our own self betterment and reman dedicated to helping others work through their pain. We always aim to be good at what we do and also value recreation and down time.
You will not be pushed to take more than you can handle and we will try our best to meet your needs. At the same time, we will encourage you to build on your clinical skills so as to develop a broad scope of knowledge and also to bring your heart and soul into your work.
What we require of you….
- DClinPsych, DPsych, PhD or similar in psychology
- HCPC Registered
- BPS Accreditation (post graduate)
- Minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience working with the NHS
- Experience working with a wide range of psychological issues
- Experience working with clients who are high risk and confidence in handling high risk situations
- Experience and practice in 2+ models of therapy which must include a Third Wave Therapy
- In depth knowledge of issues relating to LGBTQ+ identities and relationships and experience working with this community as well as keen interest in working in a practice where services are provided for LGBTQ+ people
- A passion & appreciation for diversity & inclusion
- BAME applicants strongly encouraged to apply
- LGBT+ applicants strongly encouraged to apply
What we will ask you to do…
- Carry a caseload of 5-15 individual clients or couples on a weekly basis
- Meet with clients via Zoom/Skype during covid lockdown restrictions and transition to seeing clients face-to-face in London once restrictions are lifted and when it is safe to do so
- Meet for clinical supervision with the Clinical Director 1x monthly
- Maintain up to date progress notes, reports and updates to referring psychiatrists, primary GP's and insurance companies
- Formulate plans for psychological treatment that are grounded in theoretical and therapeutic models
- Conduct brief psychological measurements including the BDI, BAI and CORE when necessary
- Maintain healthy boundaries with clients, manage your diary and uphold cancellation policies
- Manage client difficulties and potential high risk needs
What we provide for you…
- An annual contract that is mutually agreed
- While we require you to carry as little as 5 and as many as 15 clients per week we can be flexible within this range to meet your needs. This can always be adjusted as you go along…
- You are free to set your schedule to suit your preferred working days and hours.
- Take holiday as you would like although we do ask that you don’t leave for longer than one month at a time.
- Supervision a minimum of once monthly but more can be made available if needed.