Are you a Psychology Graduate looking to kick-start your career and gain valuable experience within the health care industry?
We are currently recruiting Male Psychology Graduate Support Workers to join our growing and dynamic team continually providing the highest possible standards of care to vulnerable male adults who have a neuro-psychiatric diagnosis, whose behaviours may at times challenge the service due to their inappropriate nature and / or physical aggression.
We are a Specialist Health and Social Care provider based in the South East of England and London. Our Key Focus is to support individuals with complex and challenging needs to maximize their independence to live a meaningful and fulfilling life.
Our Graduate Programme
Bramley Health is developing its bespoke 2 Year Psychology Graduate Programme that will provide new graduates with the knowledge, skills and experience needed to progress their careers in Psychology. Graduates will have a dedicated Trainer / Mentor to guide them through their formal learning and will also have the opportunity to work with members of our Multi-Disciplinary Teams (MDT) to gain clinical experience.
As a Graduate Support Worker, you will be providing support and empowerment to our vulnerable male service users in a male-only environment to ensure that their care and support needs are met.
- Be a Key Worker to specified individuals and assist in the development of Person Centered Plan to reflect the lifestyles and choices of the service user.
- Participate in assessing needs and planning, facilitating and evaluating the residents’ care program and reviews. This involves the responsibilities for carrying out the administrative tasks associated with the care planning recording systems.
- Assist in the assessment of risk and the development of guidelines which aim to manage and reduce risk.
- Actively participate and provide a full range of rehabilitation support and care that is tailored to each service user.
- Support the service users to develop and maintain friendships and relationships with others (including relatives), ensuring you act in a professional and confidential manner at all times.
- Assist in Monitoring of health and behaviour of service users reporting any changes to the shift co-ordinator or the service manager.
- Help and support service users to understand and meet their emotional, racial, cultural and religious needs and preferences whilst maintaining the privacy, dignity and respect at all times.
- Support the service users to plan and choose activities such as trips, leisure pursuits, and educational / vocational trips and accompany them if desired. Undertake escort duties as required.
- Involve and support the service users in the undertaking of household tasks as appropriate to the individual.
- Be aware of and respond to specific needs arising from the residents gender, age, sexuality and disability.
- Assist residents with preparing meals and with self-care as required, supervise and administer medication in accordance with service policy.
- Effectively communicate with other staff both verbally and in writing. This to include handovers, completion of logs, diary and record writing.
- Work as a member of the team to create a homely and stimulating environment that is safe and clean. This includes reporting any hazard or maintenance work that needs carrying out.
- Administer and record transactions relating to petty cash accordance with the company’s procedure, alerting the Service Manager of any discrepancies or suspicions of financial misdemeanours.
Some of Our Benefits Include:
- Training and Advancement Opportunities
- Opportunities to attend BPS conferences paid for by Bramley Health.
- Accommodation can also be provided
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Career Progression Opportunities and a Great Environment to Work
- Refer a friend Scheme with financial incentives.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site parking
- A Degree/MSc in Psychology or just about to graduate.
- Good and proven communication skills essential – must be able to communicate verbally with adults with learning disabilities
- Must be able to understand care plans and update memos containing important information
- Good writing skills
ATTITUDES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- High standard of personal presentation
- Able to work under own initiative
- Willing to undertake all aspects of care work
- Flexible with hours of work
- Willing to cover shifts at short notice
- Must be caring, patient empathetic
Across 3 Care Homes
Within the Croydon Region, Greater London
- The Ballater House Care Home, Coulsdon
- Heron View Care Home, East Croydon
- Croham Place Care Home, South Croydon