Salary up to £45K plus bonuses, dependent on experience.
Package includes a company car and private medical insurance.
Full-time, permanent role based at our Head Office in Alfreton, Derbyshire
Slimming World is the UK’s leading weight management organisation, helping members lose weight in our 19,000 groups around the UK and Republic of Ireland every week.**
We understand that looking after our mental health is essential for good overall health and wellbeing and to further strengthen and enhance our framework of support, we’re looking to recruit an experienced mental health professional to provide expert-led, specialist advice and guidance to our managers and our self-employed Consultants and through them, to our members.
Reporting to our Director of Field Training and Development, you’ll work collaboratively with the Director team to deliver a dedicated support service. You’ll also be responsible for delivering engaging and tailored learning opportunities across our districts in the UK and Republic of Ireland as well as a support service to provide mental health advice and signposting to available resources. And crucially, you’ll keep well-informed of latest thinking, research and emerging trends to ensure we’re adopting best practice into our training and support systems. As well as producing insightful management reporting through regular monitoring and evaluation – all with the aim of continuously developing our exceptional standards of care for our teams, our Consultants and our members.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re a natural communicator with a warm, empathetic and engaging style. The successful applicant will:
- have gained significant experience working within the mental health field including knowledge of the latest research, developments and guidelines
- have a genuine interest in how we inspire and motivate people who seek support to make healthy lifestyle changes and lead happier and healthier lives
- be confident with analysing, interpreting and evaluating information to produce management reporting
- enjoy and have experience of delivering training and successfully coaching others
- have a strong focus on delivering an excellent quality service and a flexible and adaptable attitude to accommodate changing priorities
- be self-motivated and willing to go above and beyond to achieve excellence
You’ll also be educated to degree level (or equivalent) with a professional qualification in mental health, as well as:
- a member of an appropriate professional body (BACP, BPS)
- experience of applying specialisms including Compassion Focused Therapy, CBT and/or Motivational Interviewing
As part of this role, there is a requirement to travel within the UK and Ireland** for around two days a week, so you’ll need to have a full driving licence and be willing to work flexibly including evenings and weekends.
Please apply via our website www.slimmingworld.co.uk/careers sending your CV and a covering letter stating your current salary, telling us about you, and sharing three of your most recent professional achievements.
Closing date: 8th September, 2020.
**Our real-life groups across the UK and the Republic of Ireland will start to re-open from 10th August, as guidance allows. All our working practices are in line with government guidelines for Covid-19
At Slimming World we’re genuinely passionate about helping others, are fully committed to supporting the development of our teams and offer exciting career opportunities. Our employees receive an excellent range of benefits including a health cash-back plan, free membership to a Slimming World group for 12 weeks, an onsite gym, discounted hair and beauty treatments at our salon, enhanced pension contributions and up to 34 days holiday a year. Click here to see a glimpse of the work we do and the fun we have along the way.