THE OAKLEAF GROUP
We are seeking a Neuropsychologist/Clinical Psychologist with a keen interest in neuro- rehabilitation to be a key member of the multidisciplinary therapy team based across our Northampton services
PART-TIME UP TO 3 DAYS A WEEK (22.5 HOURS)
SALARY NEGOTIABLE, PRO RATA, DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE
REPORTS TO: Dan Gordon, Rehabilitation and Liaison Manager
BASE: Northampton Units (primarily Hartwell)
We are an inpatient and community provider of specialised care in acquired brain injury. We offer a pathway of services from our residential rehabilitation and care for people with an acquired brain injury (ABI) stroke or other neurological condition and challenging behaviours, to their support in community based housing, and onwards towards independent living accommodation and home.
Your duties will involve working in the specialist units with a variety of Acquired brain injured patients e.g. with traumatic brain injuries and individuals who may have had a CVA. You will work within an inter-disciplinary team that includes medical staff, Speech and Language therapists, Occupational therapists, Physiotherapists, Nurses and a team of full time Psychology assistants.
This will involve:
- Undertaking formulations leading onto intensive rehabilitation programs. Assisting in the formulation and delivery of care plans involving the psychological treatment and/or management of a services users problems and challenging behaviours
- Service evaluations and audits
- Neuropsychological assessments, rehabilitation programs; develop and deliver appropriate therapeutic group interventions
- Writing risk assessments and interventions to address cognitive, emotional and behavioural difficulties, such as verbal or physical aggression
- You must be flexible, motivated and proactive with the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally with diverse groups of staff and external organisations. A strong ability to plan and prioritise is essential in this diverse and challenging role.
- Work with other staff to assess and review service user care in preparation for MDT meetings, review meetings and others where necessary. Furthermore to provide written reviews/summaries of progress/intervention/risk assessments for review meetings.
- Supervision of the Assistant Psychology team
Occasional travel to our community services may be required, so a car driver/owner would be essential.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
The Oakleaf Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults.
This post will require relevant recruitment checks and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, the expense of which will be covered by the company.
You will have a Degree, Masters, Doctoral Degree or equivalent accepted by the British Psychological Society qualifying you to work as a Clinical Psychologist and your eligibility for HPC Registration is considered essential.
Experience of working in Neuropsychiatry, Brain Injury or a similar setting is highly desirable, but not essential.
To learn more about the exciting work we do visit www.oakleafcare.com
Please contact Kathy Swannell, Clinical Director or Dan Gordon, Rehabilitation & Liaison Manager on 01604 864466, if this sounds like the role for you.
A full job description is available.