Be the difference, change lives - apply today!
An opportunity has become available to join our team as a PBS Clinical Lead (Service Lead), and become part of an exciting and ground breaking new service.
Affinity Trust, a national charity which provides a variety of support services to children, young people and adults with learning disabilities, in partnership with Coventry and Warwickshire CCG are delivering a specialist and intensive Positive Behaviour Support service for young people with autism and complex social, emotional and mental health needs and behaviours that challenge. The focus of the service is to enable young people to transition from tier 4 hospital settings to community based supported living environments.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone's life
- Pension scheme
- Employee assistance scheme
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 - £400 per referral)
*pro rata for part time staff
About The Role
As PBS Clinical Lead (Service Lead) you will play a pivotal role in leading and supporting your team to deliver a quality service and achieve positive outcomes.
This role will involve:
- Leading a team of Specialist PBS Practitioners to enable young people with complex needs and challenging behaviours to remain in community supported living and avoid readmission to tier 4 settings.
- Overseeing and managing the delivery of intensive PBS support to individual young people to support reduction in challenging behaviours, increase life skills and independence, increase community engagement and improve quality of life.
- Support and guidance to the young people, their support teams and a range of other professionals- particularly close work with the supported living provider and the mental health teams.
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours a week (although for the right candidate we may consider part time hours).
What skills and experience do I need?
- You must hold a PBS qualification, as Psychology degree and be accredited as a Positive Behaviour Support Practioner
- Have experience or undertaking a range of clinical/ function assessments
- Be confident in formulating PBS plans, implementing PBS plans and evaluating the support and interventions to SEND children, young people and their families
- We want someone to be a genuine ambassador and role model for our organisation; you will bring our values to life and share our passion and commitment to always strive to find creative ways to enrich the lives of those we support.
We hope that once you join us you will build a career with us for the future. Inspiring leadership is critical to our success therefore we invest heavily in your professional development. Our comprehensive Management Development Programme – LEAD (Lead, Engage, Aspire & Develop) will strengthen the skills you need to excel within your role and positively influence your team.
Alongside managerial supervision you will also receive separate clinical supervision.
Here at Affinity Trust, we are dedicated to supporting people with learning disabilities to live the lives they want to. We are a national charity providing person-centred support across England and Scotland. We are extremely proud to have been doing this for the last 30 years during which time we have empowered thousands of people to meet their aspirations and goals in life, and to live as independently as they wish.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Paul Taylor directly on 07341 478 228. While we welcome conversations with agencies please note that at this point we have arrangements in place. Any speculative CVs will be considered gifts to Affinity Trust. Thank you.