The Joy Center is seeking a full time pediatric psychologist to work at one of the three Italy locations (Aviano/Vicenza AND/OR Gricignano). Some travel between locations may be required. This is an excellent opportunity for a psychologist with pediatric experience and the desire to be trained in the DIR Model. In addition, the therapist will receive mentorship from prominent american clinicians. To be successful at this job, a therapist must take initiative and be a self-starter. It is expected that the therapist will exercise innovative approaches to address various developmental challenges.
The clinical space has plenty of supplies and good equipment to conduct individualized sessions for clients. Clinical work includes therapy sessions, parent meetings, family interaction, school observations, correspondence with teachers, documentation, evaluations, and school observation report write ups. The client profiles that a therapist may come across include language, sensory, motor, emotional, and relationship needs. In addition, it is extremely important that the therapist is able to establish and maintain relationships with multiple military families.
*Please include a resume and supporting documents when applying for this position. If possible include position applying for in subject header.
- Native English Speaker (to communicate with U.S. military families)
- Clinical Experience (min. 2 years)
- Willingness to receive training on the DIR Model
- Ability to commit to the Joy Center (min. 2 years)
- Pediatric Therapy Experience (min. 1 year)
Why work at Joy Center?
- BLU Card Visa provided with assistance of Joy Center
- Healthcare through BLU Card Visa
- Training at supervision provided by expert therapists in the DIR Model
- Opportunity to work as part of an interdisciplinary team made up of speech therapists, occupational therapists, and psychologists
- Ability to make your own schedule
About Joy Center
Every child is a unique being. That’s why the pediatric occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, and psychologists at Joy Center design and develop an individualized program for each child and family. Through the individualized approach, children are able to build the foundation for key developmental areas that directly impact learning, building self-esteem, initiating problem-solving, resolving peer conflict and building relationships – with lasting impact.
Joy Center is a trio of international clinics, serving children, families, and individuals from around the world. We are able to support the emotional, social and developmental needs of children from all US military bases located in Italy. With locations in Vicenza (U.S. Army Garrison), Aviano (Aviano Air Base), and Gricignano (US Naval Base), we are a close resource for military families whose children may need extra support.