Are you keen to facilitate support for individuals with learning difficulties and/or autism to have the best life possible?
Do you want to make a difference?
Our Positive Support Coordinators form part of the Home Management team and are an integral part of our service, working closely with the people that we support. Liaise Loddon's core approach in supporting people who experience severe challenging behaviour incorporates the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® philosophy.
What will you be doing?
- Promoting the use of POSITIVE APPROACHES, primarily PROACT-SCIPr-UK®, Low Arousal, PBS. Ensuring that teams act according to these principles.
- Developing and implementing, directly and through the teams, personalised activity schedules, support plans, learning plans.
- Monitoring the success of the plans through observation, assessment and analysis of data collected by support teams.
- Preparing detailed and evidence-based reports for internal and external purposes.
What we need from you:
- A degree in a related subject, preferably Psychology
- Experience of supporting people with a learning disability/ autism or similar, and experience of working with people who exhibit challenging behaviour
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to meet the needs of co-worker teams and service users
- Ability to collect and analyse data in order to develop, implement and review individual support plans or similar processes
- A full driving license is highly desirable
- As part of the Liaise Positive Support Team gain:
- 6 professional development days a year
- 5/6 support meetings with visiting clinical psychologist
- Access to externally accredited Studio 3 ATLASS training following successful probation
- Opportunity to be involved in training of co-workers both locally and across the company.
- Participation in planned celebration events through the year: for both service users and co-workers
- Dedicated work environment, enabling close working relations with core support team and service users.
- Generous holidays
- Matched pension
- Access to over 150 training courses from day 1
- Casual dress code, along with free branded company clothing
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- 24/7 confidential Employee Assistance Programme
The successful applicant will need to pass an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory referencing prior to commencing employment.