We have a great opportunity for a Business Psychologist with approximately 10 years or more post MSc experience and who is interested in assessment and personality psychology. This position provides an excellent opportunity for an individual to take on clear levels of responsibility in relation to consultancy and training and to make a significant impact on the business at PCL.
PCL is a firm of leading business psychologists specialising in effective talent assessment solutions. We work with clients globally to enhance their employee recruitment, development and engagement decisions, as well as to harness the power of their leaders. With over 25 years’ experience, we are committed to providing solutions that are underpinned by cutting-edge research. Our reputation is built on delivering world-class innovations that have helped to significantly increase organisational effectiveness.
We have particular expertise in leadership assessment and development, assessment of derailers, risk psychology and in designing and delivering bespoke assessment centres and team development workshops.
We were the first international distributor for Hogan Assessment Systems, we also distribute the emotional intelligence measure, EQ-i, and we publish our own assessments Profile:Match and Risk Type Compass.
We need a full time Principal Consultant to manage our key client relationships, deliver assessment and development solutions, lead consultancy projects, deliver high end training courses and to manage significant client accounts. You will use your professional expertise and judgement to apply the best assessment solutions for our clients who come from both private and public sector and range across many industries including banking, finance, insurance, management consultancy,legal, recruitment, manufacturing, automotive and engineering. Depending on the candidate’s particular experience the role may also require the management of up to 2 junior consultant psychologists.
For this role candidates will have:
• a consulting and assessment background with at least 8 years’ experience in managing client relationships and projects
• a strong commercial focus and a proven track record of winning business
• experience of working at board and executive level
• be a registered psychologist (or working towards registered status) with proven professional expertise
• evidence of delivering assessment and development projects
• significant experience of delivering training courses
• in-depth knowledge and understanding of the assessment market
• a keen interest in and thorough knowledge of psychometrics
The Principal Consultant will be required to fulfil the following duties:
Professional services, including:
1. Being the lead consultant in the delivery of consultancy projects. This could include individual assessments and feedbacks for high level selection or leadership development, report writing, assessment centre design and delivery, interviewer training, team development workshops, writing proposals, designing and overseeing research projects (e.g. validation studies or bespoke assessment solutions).
2. Training delivery for our Hogan certification courses, EQ-i 2.0 and EQ-360, Risk-Type Compass, PROFILE:MATCH® courses and BPS TUA and TUP courses.
Business development, including:
- Enquiry handling
- First point of contact for significant client accounts
- Preparing proposals, tenders and presentation materials
- Responding to client leads and enquiries
- Meeting clients and delivering presentations
- Researching new markets
- Researching new methods of business development
- Strategic planning of business development activities
- Arranging promotional activities
- Having commercial responsibility for achieving revenue targets for consultancy and training
You would be expected to familiarise yourself with all PCL products and services, their content and their prices, to provide knowledgeable customer support.
Potentially having line management responsibilities for up to 2 junior consultant psychologists.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will need to be flexible, self-motivated, autonomous, disciplined, responsible, energetic, good at building and maintaining client relationships and able to work well in a small team.
Knowledge & experience
The successful candidate will need to have an MSc in Organisational Psychology, hold the BPS TUA and TUP qualifications, have extensive experience of assessing individuals and interpreting and feeding back on profiles, be a Registered Psychologist or eligible for Registered status, and have at least 8years’ relevant work experience in a commercial environment. Qualifications in some or all of our assessment products (especially Hogan) would be advantageous.