Up to £57,817 per annum
Fulltime, permanent (part-time or flexible working would be considered)
The Hesley Group is growing and we need more psychologists to support our aim to maximise the quality of life of children and adults within our services. We want to enhance skills development to promote as much independence as is possible for their future.
Would you like to play a role in the development of Hesley’s new service (Ivy Lane School and Children’s Home) in Wakefield, as part of a well-established Applied Psychology team?
Characteristics we are looking for:
- Enthusiasm for engaging individuals with intellectual disability / autism in planning their own futures
- Experience in working in a psychological capacity with adults or children with intellectual disabilities and/or autism and other complex needs
- Detailed understanding of the principles and application of positive behaviour support (PBS) and/or significant knowledge and experience of attachment and developmental trauma – with openness to further training to expand knowledge
- Experience in collaborative approaches to addressing challenging behaviour and mental health needs
- Experience of working with residential or educational settings
- HCPC registration as a Practitioner Psychologist in a relevant speciality
You would provide direct clinical input, as well as offering coaching and training to staff as required. The post holders will adopt a formulation/ functional assessment approach to determining and implementing treatment goals. Provision of clinical supervision to Assistant Psychologists is a central element to the post.
Why work for Hesley? We offer:
- Peer support from other psychologist colleagues and wider clinical team
- Supervision from a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and access to external specialists
- Autonomy in clinical practice
- Extensive CPD and training opportunities
- Opportunity to significantly influence service delivery and future service development
To apply please go to: careers.hesleygroup.co.uk. We also advertise on NHS jobs.
For an informal discussion, please contact: Zoe Bradshaw on 07765 575501 or email@example.com