Professor, and Head of the School of Psychological Science
Job Number: ACAD104934
Contract Type: Open Ended
Closing Date: 21 Feb 2021
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Life Sciences
The University of Bristol is seeking to appoint an outstanding academic leader as the Head of School for Psychological Science. Sitting within the Faculty of Life Sciences the School undertakes world-class research and is committed to the highest standards of teaching and student experience.
As Head of School, you will occupy a key academic leadership position within the University. Reporting to the Faculty Dean, you will lead and manage the academic business of the School in relation both to strategy and operations.
The appointment will be for four years, subject to renewal, and will go hand in hand with an open-ended full-time professorial position.
What will I be doing?
- Leading the School’s academic direction and day-to-day running.
- Promoting research excellence and fostering a positive, high-performance research culture, in line with the University’s world-leading research reputation.
- Ensuring continued excellence in research-led teaching, student experience and educational innovation.
- Developing the vision and strategy for the School.
- Maintaining a positive and collegiate working environment across all staff groups, building upon existing strengths, and working within inclusive, dynamic, multidisciplinary partnerships with diverse internal and external stakeholders in order to lead and deliver research and teaching in their field of expertise.
You should apply if
You have an outstanding track record of strategic and operational leadership, driven by a commitment to excellence in research and research-led teaching.
- You have a demonstrable commitment to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion.
- You have academic standing commensurate with senior professorial status in an area related to one or more of the disciplines within the School.
- You have a record of success in promoting excellent education and student experience, and in enabling colleagues to be excellent researchers and teachers.
- You have proven ability to build networks and partnerships.
Applications must be submitted online by 11.59 on Sunday 21st February 2021.
For an informal discussion please contact Professor Jeremy Tavaré, Dean of Life Sciences, J.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is offered with a competitive salary plus benefits.
The selection process will take place over two days, w/c 22nd March 2021 and short-listed candidates will be expected to be in Bristol for both days. In the event that in person is not possible owing to Covid restrictions, we will undertake the process online.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.