Psyche is a new initiative from the creators of Aeon Magazine
Psyche’s mission is to promote psychological health and address mental illness by creating excellent educational content and events for the public.
We are seeking a Program Director to play a key role in the formation of this ambitious project, working closely with the Directors and other members of our international team.
The role can be based in London, New York or Melbourne.
To read the Psyche mission please visit aeon.co/jobs
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Working closely with the Directors to develop the strategic plan for Psyche
- Working closely with the Directors and the Aeon team to create educational formats including the use of multimedia (video, audio and text) for online public access
- Devising and coordinating a program for public events
- Recruiting experts in the field to participate in content creation and events
- Playing a key role working with our technical team in creating the Psyche website
- Recruiting and managing further staff
- Working with the Business Development and Marketing team to promote Psyche
- A professional background in psychology
- A genuine engagement with clinical and therapeutic practice
- Demonstrable strengths in education, including delivery to non-specialist audiences
- Able to articulate a creative and energetic response to the Psyche mission statement (available at aeon.co/jobs)
- Confidence to network and communicate at a high level with experts and researchers
- Well-established organisational skills, independent work capacity, and ability to manage a team
- High level of writing and communication skills
- Available for a full-time or 0.8 position
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with experience.
Applications close Monday 18 March 2019 (UTC).