As a Psychiatric Clinical Specialist working within Capita H&W you will embark on a rewarding career, utilising your core skills as a Psychiatric Clinical Specialist in an entirely different way. You will lead on the development of clinical quality assurance mechanisms, contribute to service design from a psychiatric perspective, and provide specialist clinical audit input. You will also undertake complex clinical assessments for applicants to the Troubles Permanent Disablement Payment Scheme (TPS) & produce a structure assessment report to the Victims Payment Board (VPB) decision makers.
Becoming Psychiatric Clinical Specialist (Health and Welfare) within Capita Health and Welfare – HOME BASED in the UK
About the role:
It is anticipated that as a Psychiatric Clinical Specialist you will spend 80% of your time working on the TPDPS contract and 20% of your time working within other Health and Welfare businesses to include PIP.
In total, 60% of your time will be allocated to contributing to the design and delivery of training, process, audit and quality assurance. This includes playing a lead role within an expert clinical panel alongside other clinical experts providing clinical advice and expertise to other clinicians. 15% of your time will be spent undertaking other duties such as attending team meetings or 121 performance reviews with your Manager, or clinical observations with senior clinicians. The remaining 25% of the time will be spent assessing applicants to the scheme.
These percentages may vary if business or operational priorities change. Clinical supervision will be provided by the Chief Medical Officer for Capita Health and Welfare.
What you’ll be doing:
- As part of the clinical governance team, you will contribute to the design and delivery of clinically appropriate processes, clinical audit mechanisms and service design, with specific consideration as to how this would affect service users with a psychiatric condition, advising the organisation on best practice.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of appropriate clinical training for other health professionals, considering this from a psychiatric perspective.
- Work as part of an expert clinical panel and assist other health professionals in making clinical decisions in cases where there is a psychiatric diagnosis.
- Meet face to face both physically and/or virtually or review available medical evidence from applicants to the TPS scheme to determine the permanence of an applicant’s condition and their percentage disablement
- Play a pro-active role in seeking insight and further medical evidence as required from GP’s, other healthcare professionals or services to support the applicants TPS application
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and supporting evidence to support your assessment and subsequent structured, evidence based report for the Department of Justice (DoJ) and the Victims Payment Board (VPB)
- Compile a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner, including a detailed history, a full justification and conclusion from evidence gathered to support the Victims Payment Board (VPB) in their decision-making
- Work to ensure the productivity and quality targets, established by Capita TPS to meet its contractual Service Level Agreements, are met
- Utilise Management Information and feedback systems to support improved quality and performance. Take ownership of any feedback to aid own personal and professional development
- Maintain and evidence personal Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Online Mandatory Training (OMT) and ensure continuing professional registration
- Develop own clinical knowledge of the impacts of health conditions/disabilities less familiar to you
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years’ senior experience in a Psychiatric specialism as a Doctor or Consultant Clinical Psychologist.
- Where this individual is a qualified Clinical Psychologist, they should hold a relevant Masters degree.
- Fully registered without sanction or conditions of practice with the GMC/HCPC with a valid PIN
- Strong analytical skills – familiar with MS Office, particularly Excel/Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work at pace, set boundaries, manage conversations and keep to timescales
- Ability to relate to people from a range of socio-economic backgrounds, races, religions and cultures
- Report writing skills with an ability to deal with a high percentage of work using a laptop and IT systems
- Experience in the assessment of psychiatric trauma.
- Experience in clinical governance, clinical audit and process / service development
About Capita Health and Welfare – NI delivery
Our Health and Welfare business supports millions of people every day. We provide vital health assessments to assist our Clients in making equitable decisions on entitlement to health-related benefits. Our highly skilled clinicians supported by world class technology and operational processes assist with access to essential benefits for some of the most vulnerable people in society.
The welfare of people is important to us, we care about people and society. From reducing socio-economic inequalities and hardship for those with long term health conditions to helping those injured in conflict, we support the most vulnerable people and their families in coping with the financial impact of injury or disablement.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive basic salary
23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Looking to discover more? choose ‘Apply Now’ to fill out our short application and send us your CV.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.