We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Psychologist to join us at our newly refurbished Priory Hospital Malvern. Joining our experienced and friendly multidisciplinary team, you will be able to truly make this role your own, with the opportunity to have a role in setting up the new service.
Your role will centre on identifying and delivering appropriate and relevant treatments and interventions, in order to promote and develop the mental, emotional, physical and social wellbeing of clients.
Why join our team?
This is a part-time role, allowing for flexibility around other commitments such as private practice, family or academic
We can help you grow as a Psychologist, offering a robust training programme and career progression opportunities
You’ll gain specialist experience working with this client group and have the opportunity to be involved in developing the service and the psychology pathway within the hospital
As part of Priory Group, you’ll be joining a leading and respected provider of mental health treatment, giving you access to excellent clinical governance and structures; including the support of your wider multidisciplinary team
Other benefits include: free parking and free meals on shift, employee wellbeing initiatives, 25 days’ annual leave + bank holidays + day off for your birthday + a pension scheme
Who are we looking for?
- Qualified Psychologist, who is registered with the HCPC
- Experience working within mental health
- Has training in clinical and psychological psychometrics
- Skills in individual and group work, as well as in programme planning
- Skilled in using complex methods of psychological assessment to inform psychological formulation and intervention
- The ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbally), complex, highly technical or clinically sensitive information
- Experience representing psychology within the context of multidisciplinary care
Your key duties will include
- Undertaking specialist structured, semi-structured and standardised psychological assessments
- Developing specialist psychological formulations based on assessments
- Formulating plans for patients’ psychological treatment
- Implementing specialist psychological interventions for individuals and groups
- Working autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the hospital’s policies and procedures
- Providing support to staff in the form of reflective practice groups and staff training
About Priory Hospital Malvern
Priory Hospital Malvern has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment to provide high quality facilities. We are situated 13 miles from Worcester, in the picturesque surrounds of the Malvern Hills, offering patients and colleagues alike access to this tranquil and beautiful part of the country, right on our doorstep.
We are a 25-bedded rehabilitation and recovery focused service supporting male patients with mental illnesses and complex needs, along with behaviours that challenge. We provide:
A step down from Secure Services for male patients who are on their pathway back into the community
A service for patients whose community placement may be breaking down and who require transitional support and a short hospital admission in order to stabilise behaviours.
This service works in partnership with the NHS, supporting patients to learn effective ways of managing their condition, with a focus on relapse prevention.
Want to know more?
For an informal chat and further details please contact Cerys Morris on 07720948773 or email email@example.com
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.