Location: Radlett Lodge School, Harper Lane, Radlett, WD7 9HW
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Part Time/Term Time Considered)
Salary: £43,072 - £51,964 + £694 Area Allowance
Who we and our customers are
We are the leading UK charity for people with autism and their families. We provide information, support and pioneering services, and campaign for a better world for people with autism. We are proud of the difference we make
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a creative and innovative Psychologist to develop a comprehensive consultation lead therapeutic service for the children in our care and to lead the team.
The psychology team specialise in providing psychological consultation and training to residential and education staff across the school. The team will be involved in assessing young people arriving into the school and helping to develop a comprehensive therapeutic package for the children and young people where appropriate.
The school is an extremely successful provision that offers outstanding care and education including day, weekly, termly and a flexi boarding service for pupils with Autism. The Psychology service is an essential element of the school’s professional team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Psychologist who:
• Has worked directly with children with a range of learning difficulties, Autism and individuals with complex and challenging behaviour.
• Is able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills.
• Is willing to deliver training to the school community and others.
• Is proactive and able to use consultative, systemic and innovative ways of working within multi-disciplinary framework.
• Be a leading part of the school’s transdisciplinary team.
• To contribute to baseline assessments and Annual Reviews.
• Will be responsible for the line management of the Behaviour Coordinators
• Can follow observations and assessment, design, develop and deliver support and management programmes for individuals and groups across all school settings.
• Promote and champion emotional wellbeing of young people.
Where will you be working
Radlett Lodge School which is located in Hertfordshire. This school supports children with autism aged from 4 – 19 on a structured programme.
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week > 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays. A pre-agreed number of unsociable flexible working hours will be expected in order to offer Psychological assistance to the residential students and staff teams. Part time/term time hours will also be considered.
What we can offer you
An excellent opportunity to develop and expand knowledge and experience within a National Autism provision.
We offer excellent training opportunities including applied autism support skills, specific/restrictive physical interventions, and NAS conference opportunities. Opportunities to develop your expertise and specialism. Support to embark on research. Continued Professional Development and supervision. Be part of the network of the National Autistic Society Psychologists and a pension scheme. We also offer an online staff discount scheme for a range of benefits, access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling and information service and childcare voucher scheme.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please visit www.autism.org.uk/get-involved
For more information, please email: email@example.com or call 01923 854922
When providing a supporting statement, please refer to the job description and person specification and include any information that shows your suitability for the role.
Applications for this job are sought from anyone who is suitably qualified and experienced for the role but particularly welcome from those with a diagnosis of autism or Asperger syndrome.
The NAS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and adults who use our services and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to complete the relevant safeguarding checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer.