Sidra Medical and Research Center is a state of the art academic medical center that will function to the level of the highest international standards. Its clinical focus is on the specialty care of women and children.
Sidra’s Vision is: “Sidra Medical and Research Center will be a beacon of learning, discovery and exceptional care, ranked among the top medical centers in the world”.
Sidra works closely with Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar and Hamad Medical Corporation across all three activities to raise the standard of health and health care throughout the State of Qatar.
The Psychologist - Child & Adolescent is responsible for providing specialist psychological assessments and interventions for children and adolescents (C&A) patients. The incumbent is responsible for evaluating complex psychological data and formulating / implementing a formal psychological treatment plan for the patients. The incumbent is also responsible for providing specialist psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to the patient’s treatment plan.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Masters in clinical psychology – essential
- PhD in clinical psychology (specializing in child / young adult psychology) – highly advantageous
- 5+ years’ experience as a practicing clinical psychologist, including 2+ year should be in the area of child / young adult psychology
Certification and Licensure:
- Valid medical licensure in country of practice
- Ability to obtain medical license in Qatar
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in theoretical psychological techniques and expertise in providing consultations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Preferred Arabic written and spoken