Vacancy Number: SDNO10690
Closing Date: Thursday 14 March 2019
Location: National Office, Wellington
Recruitment Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Department of Corrections our goal is to reduce re-offending, and underlying this is a strong commitment to public safety.
Our people care about our communities and want to make New Zealand a safer place to be. We do this by helping people lead crime-free lives, which means fewer victims and safer communities.
Reporting into the Chief Psychologist, the role of Manager, Psychology Practice plays an important role in relation to the clinical governance psychologists’ practice within the Correctional field.
Leading a small team of Senior specialists, your role will involve developing psychological practice standards and guidelines; delivering guidance, assurance and advice to key stakeholders; and supporting the ongoing professional development of psychologists’ cultural competence.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Professional leadership experience in a relevant area
- Experience in the strategic development and implementation of psychological services
- A high level of knowledge and expertise in the use of risk of re offending measures and experience in the application of Psychology in the Corrections environment
- A high level of knowledge and understanding of the research in relation to “what works” in the assessment and treatment of people under Corrections management
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice Sector and relevant legislation and policies
- A high level of cultural competence
The mid-point of the salary range for this position is $148,609. The full salary range is from $126,318 - $178,331.
For a confidential discussion about your interest in this role, please contact Dr Juanita Ryan, General Manager Psychology and Programmes/Chief Psychologist on 04 474 8800.
All applications must be submitted online via our recruitment system (click below). Please note: Applications that are emailed directly will NOT be considered.
Corrections embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and celebrate the collective talent of all employees.