Who are we!
Horizon Education & Care are looking for a creative and innovative Psychologist (Clinical/Forensic/Counselling) to join our passionate therapeutic team, delivering a comprehensive consultation led therapeutic service for children and young people in our care. This role covers residential homes (3-4 bed) for children with challenging behaviours, attachment difficulties and backgrounds of complex trauma.
This role will involve you visiting residential homes in your region to conduct consultations with staff teams and carry out assessments and interventions with the young people. This role will also support the residential team to ensure that young people’s placements are stable, risk assessed and supported at all times and that the team are trained and able to support young people with complex needs.
Delivery of training is an important aspect of the role, both to our new Colleagues starting in role, and also ensuring that our existing teams are kept up to date to the PACE approach and other specific training needed in each home.
Who are you!
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Doctorate level qualification in Clinical, Forensic or Counselling Psychology, or wil be actively working towards this, and will be registered with HCPC
- demonstrate knowledge of working with complex trauma and attachment, and supporting staff teams to do this
- Have a UK driving licence and access to a car
- Experience working with children and/or in Tier 4 CAMHS is desirable but cross transferable experience will be considered.
What do we offer!
- The opportunity to join Horizon at an exciting time when we are growing and extending our services to support more young people
- A competitive salary
- CPD opportunities/training budget to support this
- HCPC and BPS registration fees paid
- Flexible working pattern
- 25 days annual leave & bank holidays
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Mileage expenses
- Company pension scheme
Closing date for applications 5th March
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity or have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org