We are pleased to offer clinical/counselling psychology opportunities in adult mental health community services, adult mental health inpatient services and/or psychological input to physical health services.
The adult mental health vacancies are within community and inpatient services. Psychologists work in a team and offer psychological input to benefit service-users and colleagues within MDTs and the wider organisation. These include psychological assessment and formulation, brief and longer-term interventions, individual, family and group work, teaching and training, supervision and consultation.
Health psychology at TDHB provides input to specialist teams including the persistent pain service, childhood obesity programme (Whanau Pakari), and cancer support service. General adult health psychology includes managing traumatic events as well as considering rehabilitation needs of those with chronic and life changing conditions such as recovery after stroke. In paediatrics the work covers both child development and child health, as well as working with children with long term conditions such as diabetes and cystic fibrosis.
We can offer you:
- A small and dedicated team of psychologists with a range of clinical experience and expertise.
- Therapeutic modalities, these include CBT, ACT, EMDR, CAT, systemic and family approaches, psychodynamic approaches, interpersonal therapies, and more.
- The ability to work in community settings across our large geographical region that is characterised by both city and rural living, as well as within our 23-bed inpatient unit at Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth.
- You will be working with autonomy and flexibility to manage your own day-to-day workload.
- Plenty of scope to bring your ideas and be involved in pilot programmes, so if you want to make things happen, this is the place to be!
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Confidence and excellent communication skills.
- A true passion about their work and hold an unwavering belief in people's recovery.
- A use of evidence-based interventions as well as innovation and research.
- Current registration as a Registered Clinical Psychologist with The New Zealand Psychologists Board and hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate. If you are an overseas trained Psychologist please click on this link for further information: https://www.psychology.org.nz/study-careers/overseas-psychologists/?#.Wut3Q00UmAg
We are looking for talented and skilled psychologists and are happy to consider candidates wishing to work full or part time, within either one or more of the specialist areas available.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region's amazing mountains, rivers, lakes fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,100 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
Please click here to view the job description for positions within physical health (child and adult).
Please click here to view the job description for positions within Adult Community and Mental Health.
Please apply online from within this page.
For further information please contact Dr Tal Moore, Clinical Psychology Lead, via email at Tal.Moore@tdhb.org.nz