The Intellectual Disabled Persons Health Service (IDPH) within the CDHB’ Specialist Mental Health Services (SMHS) is seeking to fill a number of vacancies within its teams. We are currently seeking suitably qualified, experienced and dedicated clinicians from the following disciplines: Clinical Psychologist, Psychologist (ABA trained / registered) or Behaviour Support (With demonstrable and appropriate ABA experience).
The posts range across four teams within the IDPH service: ID Psychiatric In-Patient, ID Psychiatric Out-Patient, Intellectual Disability Liaison Team (serving individuals under the IDCC&R Act 2003), and the ATR In-Patient Unit (Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation unit). All the teams are based at Hillmorton hospital, Christchurch.
The focus of all work within the above teams is on the provision of specialist clinical assessment, complex case formulation and intense clinical intervention and therapy.
Working at the Canterbury District Health Board provides an extensive range of opportunities for professional development and provides a unique environment for continued learning. We have a team of highly trained and well regarded clinicians who continue to provide world class mental health services to our diverse communities.
You will need to be a NZ registered clinician (or eligible for NZ registration) for the Psychologist posts and will need to demonstrate an appropriate track record and expertise in the field of intellectual disabilities, co-morbid mental health issues and clear knowledge and skills in risk assessment. Formal knowledge and experience / or training in Applied Behaviour Analysis would be an advantage. A clear understanding of the Social Model of Disability and the New Zealand Disability Strategy is essential.
Full time is preferred however part time options would be considered for the right candidate.
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata
- Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua
- Something For You is an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You
- We help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes
How to apply
If you have queries specific to the role, please contact Paul Kelly, Service Manager on email email@example.com, or Chris Daffue, Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Area Practice Supervisor, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at https://cdhb.careercentre.net.nz to complete an application and download a position description.