Do you feel like mental healthcare needs a shake-up?
Oliva is on a mission to improve the emotional wellbeing of 20 million people with world-class, employer-funded mental healthcare. By combining a curated team of therapists and coaches, personalised matching to the right professional, focused one-on-one sessions, and a hassle-free online platform, we can transform both the mental health of team members and collective productivity.
About the role
We're looking for a highly-experienced psychology expert with a proven track record of building and retaining teams of world-class psychotherapists. Reporting directly to the Chief Care Officer, you’ll take full ownership of Oliva's psychology service.
**This is a remote position** You'll be working from the UK and collaborating on a daily basis with the team at Oliva's headquarters in Barcelona, Spain.
You will make an impact by:
Hiring & retaining an A-class team of psychotherapists
- Making sure our clinical recruitment process runs like a well-oiled machine
- Attracting & recruiting the UK's most talented psychotherapists
- Implementing a therapist engagement strategy to ensure we keep our best talent
Achieving world-class care outcomes
- Defining & implementing Oliva's care policies to meet the highest standards of relevant governing bodies (e.g. becoming BACP registered)
- Developing training programs for people managers and HR professionals, with the aim of making them fully equipped to manage mental health-related situations in the workplace
- Being fully responsible for care outcomes by tracking and measuring success metrics such as client-therapist match rate, client goal progress, etc.
Who you are:
You're a Phd-educated psychologist with real, hands-on experience as a practising psychotherapist for adults. You have experience at leadership level, with a focus on building high-quality clinical teams that care for people with a variety of needs.
You'll be successful if you:
- Have a Phd in psychology
- Are a registered member of the HCPC and/or BPS as a Clinical or Counselling Psychologist
- Have spent at least 5 years practising psychotherapy for adults
- Have a proven track record of building and retaining high-quality clinical teams
- Build smart and efficient processes around everything you do to achieve operational excellence
- Are comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and change at both strategic and operational levels
- BONUS: You have worked within a fast-moving, high-growth environment such as a startup
What we offer
We come to work each day knowing that we're contributing to a truly meaningful purpose—to improve the mental health of millions of people worldwide.
On top of this, you get:
- A rare opportunity to join an exciting and already seed-funded startup
- A healthy salary
- Plenty of paid time off to relax and recharge your batteries
- Private medical insurance
- Free therapy—and encouragement to take advantage of it
- Professional learning & development opportunities to help you grow
- An autonomous, vibrant, and flexible work environment
Diversity & inclusion
Just as we want to make a meaningful impact on the mental healthcare industry, we also want to make a meaningful impact on workplace diversity.
We’re fully committed to building an equitable and inclusive team. So we consciously encourage applications from diversity advocates, and people whose ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexuality, disability, or background is often underrepresented in our industry. We hire with fairness and awareness—and we mean it.
If you need any adjustments during the interview process, don’t hesitate to let us know. Oliva is somewhere everyone can be themselves. We’ll gladly accommodate.
Who we are
Oliva is a tight-knit, experienced, and passionate team of technologists, designers, operationalists, and psychologists. We’ve all been through our own battles with burnout, anxiety, low self-esteem, and depression. And while we’ve all had both positive and less positive experiences with mental healthcare, we know first-hand that talking through your problems makes a massive difference once you find the right person.
Our co-founders, Javier Suarez and Sançar Sahin, have both experienced the emotional highs and lows of scaling successful tech startups and lived to tell the tale. Javier co-founded the business travel startup TravelPerk—which went on to raise over $130M in funding—and previously led innovation at Booking.com. Sançar has led marketing teams at Typeform, Hotjar, and GetApp.