We are currently looking for up to 5 Psychology Managers based in various locations across Scotland. These include HMP Shotts and HMP Glenochil, with other locations to be considered.
Reporting to the Head of Psychology you will contribute to the range of functions performed by the Psychology department with an emphasis on the implementation of offending behaviour programmes and carrying out risk assessments. The successful candidate will provide supervision and support to programme delivery staff and ensure positive relationships are built and maintained both within SPS and with external community partners.
The Successful Candidate:
- Obtained a degree in Psychology conferring Graduate Basis for Registration, plus a BPS accredited MSc in Forensic Psychology.
- You will be actively working towards registration with a professional body as a Chartered or Registered Forensic Psychologist.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and understanding of risk reports and risk assessment tools
- Have extensive experience of working as a Psychologist within a forensic setting
Some of our benefits include: Civil Service pension, generous annual leave entitlement and free onsite parking. We are committed to your personal and professional development and offer a wide range of career progression opportunities.
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, including full job description and person specification, and to apply for this vacancy please visit: www.sps.gov.uk
SPS will not tolerate any form of discrimination. If you cannot promote and demonstrate dignity, respect and equality, please don’t apply. Closing date: 29th May 2019.