At Zeeko we are passionate about educating young people to be safe online. We are changing how people use the internet. Innovation is at the heart of Zeeko, we always believe there is a better way and we continue to seek out new and innovative ways to deliver our message to parents and kids. Zeeko is an unusually product research focused company. Our customers inform everything we do and inform our product development and company strategy at the highest level.
The person will play a critical role in evaluating innovative ideas and opportunities from the increase in virtual reality devices in our society. The person will report directly to the CEO. This person will be part of a team comprising of a founder, marketing/ sales, technical team and operations team. The position offers a high level of autonomy, working in a high energy environment to develop a product with global reach. The role will compliment and build on the resources we currently provide to help protect young people online.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As this role is part of a team, the areas of responsibility will evolve as the idea develops and receives feedback from the market place.
- Conduct research into the side effects of virtual reality technology on young people, in the areas of education, environment behaviour, empathy and health.
- Develop the innovation strategy in line with the business strategy and objectives of the CEO
- Ensure congruence between the customer need and business strategy
- Articulate and innovate a strategy that will deliver all of the key components of a product with appropriate technologies and interfaces
- Identify the talent and skills required to develop the solution
- Establish and manage all third party and external related relationships ensuring they meet the needs of the business, are within budget and deliver on time and to the required standard
- Develop and manage all innovation strategy and innovation project budgets
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person. It will be critical that they have the following skills and abilities to ensure they can contribute at this senior level.
- The person can be a first stage researcher (R1) (at least doctoral candidates) and also have second stage researcher (R2) elements in Psychology, preferably with an understanding of Cyber Psychology and/ or IT
- Excellent communication capabilities
- Willingness to acquire commercial knowledge
- Strong desire to be part of a interdependent team will be critical
- Positive attitude with the ability to deal with challenges, adversity and set backs of a business
- Hard worker and commitment to the strategy and vision of the business
- Open minded and willing to consider possibilities and feedback from the market and have the ability to accommodate this feedback into our innovation project
- A logical problem solver with the ability to bring commercial creativity and innovation to the team
The candidate should also display required competences for the role including:
- Demonstrating a systematic understanding in Psychology, preferably with an understanding of Cyber Psychology and/ or IT and mastery of research in that field.
- Demonstrating the ability to conceive, design, implement and adapt a substantial programme of research with integrity.
- Making a contribution through original research that extends the frontier of knowledge by developing a substantial body of work, innovation or application. This could merit national or international publication or patent.
- Demonstrating critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- Communicating with peers and able to explain the outcome of their research to the research community.
- Taking ownership for and managing their own career progression, setting realistic and achievable career goals, identifying and developing ways to improve employability.
- Co-author papers at workshops and conferences.
What is attractive about the position
As with any business, the challenges and opportunities are great however routine and security is not part of what we do! We have passion and vision to change how the market engages and our product offering has a growing need across the globe. By joining us at this critical time, you will have a huge opportunity to use your initiative, drive the business forward with similar minded people who have a desire for success, use your skills, imagination, creativity and expertise to contribute at a senior level and grow with the business.
- We can offer you a high level of autonomy
- Work in a high energy environment
- Be part of a team developing a product with global reach
- Diploma in Strategy Development and Innovation in the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School complimented by holistic business experience.
- Tailored personal development plan
- Relocation package
- Paid health insurance
Envisaged Starting Date: 1st September 2017
It is the policy of Zeeko to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status.