Based in Oxford, Hogrefe Ltd specialises in developing and publishing clinical, educational and occupational psychometric assessments, and organisational recruitment and development solutions. Our clients include UK and European organisations and the public sector.
We are now seeking an experienced psychologist to join our publishing team, helping us in the publication of new tests and assessments across all subject areas, as well as the development of existing products.
The psychometric test developer will coordinate the standardisation, trials and validation of psychometric assessments including UK adaptations of existing European or American tests. They will work with internal and external subject matter experts to take products from concept, through design and trial, to publication.
Working cross-functionally within the business, the test developer will liaise closely with colleagues in IT, production editing, consulting, marketing and customer support.
The developer will be a confident self-starter who can set up projects in a cost effective way, who can talk to authors as a competent partner and who can represent the company at conferences and product launches. The test developer will report to the managing director.
- Project manage the development process of new and existing tests and assessments including the collection and psychometric analysis of normative data, and where necessary to write-up the relevant chapters of the test manual.
- Advise and train publishing and marketing staff on the psychometric properties of our products, enabling them to deal with customer queries in this regard.
- Help evaluate new test proposals.
- Grow our network of contacts with research universities, maintaining a sound knowledge of the market environment; in particular having knowledge of psychometric standards and trends, and of the competition.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree in psychology, and preferably also a postgraduate qualification.
- Experience with and understanding of psychometric tests (preferably trained in the administration of tests and/ or the research involved in standardising a test).
- Practical experience in psychology publishing and a good network of contacts in the scientific community.
- A good understanding of statistics and statistical software packages.
- The ability to be an ambassador for Hogrefe, with a commitment to delivering best practice in the use of psychometric instruments.
- Good project management skills, able to handle several projects in different stages that require different work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- The ability and enthusiasm to engage and develop business with authors and customers from a wide range of backgrounds.
- A willingness to travel in the UK, and occasionally overseas.
Contact Richard Baggaley, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01865 797927 (direct).