Location: The Grange Therapeutic School, Oakham, Leicestershire
Hours: 8.30am – 5pm, Monday- Friday
Salary: Up to £65,000 dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent, Full time, 52 weeks
- Do you want to develop and manage the therapeutic team covering two leading SEN provisions?
- Do you want to make a significant difference to a varied and professionally challenging young client group?
- Do want create a nationally important resource with the substantial backing of one of the leading providers of education and care for young people with SEN?
- Are you a highly experienced clinician or therapist in the field of SEN or trauma related needs?
If so we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Regional Wellbeing & Therapeutic Services Manager to join the Outcomes First Group.
The post holder will develop the therapeutic services for The Grange Therapeutic School, The Shires and associated children’s homes on the Rutland / Leicestershire border.
Someone with a holistic and integrated approach to care, education and clinical services would be perfect for this role.
About the Role?
This is an exciting new role managing the therapeutic services for the two provisions plus six local care homes. Once established the role will also take in local fostering services. The post holder will have a substantial resources to call on with the aim of improving the outcomes of young people in tandem with the care and education teams across all sites.
About the Schools:
The Grange Therapeutic School is an independent special school for young people aged 8 -18 years with social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Our school is based in a Victorian country house in Leicestershire.
The Shires is an education provision and residential home for young people and adults with autism and associated learning difficulties spread across two sites in Rutland and Lincolnshire.
About the Group:
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Acorn Care and Education is part of the Outcomes First Group.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a highly qualified, experienced and effective senior practitioner who has a clear vision of what outstanding therapeutic services look like. They should be an excellent communicator and manager who is able to work with multi-disciplinary teams and build consensus.
Essential Criteria (for a full list see the job description):
- Post Graduate Qualification, for example MA / Doctorate
- First degree in psychology, education, social work or related discipline.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage strategically
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of key partners
- Ability to work sensitively with people and resolve conflict.
Why work for us?
- Be part of a growing national organisation whose client group are professionally challenging
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
- Supportive team environment
- Well resourced provision
Applications are invited online though the Outcomes First website https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/vacancies/
If you have any further questions regarding how to apply or arrange a visit please contact 01664 454264 or email Stephanie Watt on SWatt@knossington.rutland.sch.uk
The Outcomes First Group are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for