HCPC Registered Senior Psychologist
Up to £47,434 per annum
Fulltime, permanent (part-time or flexible working would be considered)
Doncaster, York and/or Scunthorpe (New service) (Exact locations TBC at interview)
The Hesley Group is growing and we need more psychologists to support our aim to maximise the quality of life of the adults who live within our services. We want to enhance skills development to promote as much independence as is possible for their future. Would you like to join our well established Applied Psychology team?
Characteristics we are looking for:
- Enthusiasm for engaging individuals with intellectual disability / autism in planning their own futures
- Experience in working in a psychological capacity with adults or children with intellectual disabilities and/or autism and other complex needs
- Detailed understanding of the principles and application of positive behaviour support (PBS)
- Experience in collaborative approaches to addressing challenging behaviour and mental health needs
- HCPC registration as a Practitioner Psychologist (or pending for newly qualified) in a relevant speciality
- Experience in application of the Mental Capacity Act
- You would provide direct clinical input within the adult pathways, as well as offering coaching and training to staff as required. The post holders will adopt a formulation/ functional assessment approach to determining and implementing treatment goals. Provision of clinical supervision to Assistant Psychologists is a central element to the post.
Why work for Hesley? We offer:
- Peer support from other psychologist colleagues and wider clinical team
- Supervision from Consultant Psychologists and access to external specialists
- Autonomy in clinical practice
- Extensive CPD and training opportunities
- Opportunity to significantly influence service delivery and future service development
To apply please go to: careers.hesleygroup.co.uk. We also advertise on NHS jobs.
For informal discussions, please contact: Liz Barkham on 07387 260926, Liz.Barkham@hesleygroup.co.uk