At PSI, our mission is to help people meet their potential. That is our core purpose, enabling our vision to empower people in their careers and drive organizational success. We achieve this by being the one workforce solutions provider that fuses science, technology and expertise to deliver best-in-class testing, assessment and development products and services.
PSI’s culture is as strong as the people who embody our core values. These include our drive to work together as one team, to be dependable in our pursuit of rigor and excellence, to value people and respect everyone’s talents, to embrace diversity in perspectives and culture, and to think creatively with the willingness to experiment.
Learn more about what we do at: http://www.psionline.com
Why This Role is Important to PSI
In this role, you will focus on the ongoing research, development and enhancement of PSI core global products, taking responsibility for assigned projects and tasks and supporting colleagues. Alongside this, you will also work with other parts of the R&D function as well as Product and Technology functions to achieve strategic objectives. Additionally, you will collaborate with other groups and department outside of R&D such as Marketing, Sales and Consulting. Research Consultants in PSI play an important role in supporting the growth and expansion of the PSI product and content portfolio across global markets.
Who We Are Looking For
This role is ideal for an individual early in their occupational psychology career and would like to work as an R&D psychologist. The individual will be in a supportive team environment where they will work on the research, design and ongoing maintenance of talent assessment tools and development solutions for our clients. With an enquiring mind and a good level of analytical ability and focus on detail, this individual would need to be able to organize and prioritize their work from the start whilst working on a number of projects. Teamworking skills are a must as this person would be working with and supporting a range of consultants within the team and working with other stakeholders across the business. The individual will be joining a team that is based in Guildford but the team member will have the option of working from home for some of the week; the individual will thus need to possess a reasonable degree of self-reliance.
The Research Consultant role is primarily responsible for:
- Supporting content development projects, and helping define the necessary product maintenance activities for products and solutions within team’s area of focus.
- Leading specific projects that fit into the roadmaps of larger product initiatives.
- Supporting senior R&D team members on analyses, data cleaning, and other data-related tasks.
- Writing technical reports, conducting norm analyses, organizing/administering trialling studies.
- Contributing to research for publication/conference presentation; assists marketing and sales enablement with collateral development.
- Assisting in the collaboration with groups across organisational boundaries to provide guidance about how solutions should be built, implemented, and marketed.
- Working with the wider Product and Technology functions (Product Management, Software Development and UX) to assist with the implementation and testing of product enhancements.
- Masters in Occupational or Organizational Psychology
- Experience of working in R&D or a directly related department in the Talent Management field
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods
- Experience of using SPSS, R or an equivalent statistical package
- TUOA and TUOP qualifications (or other training in psychometric assessment)
- Knowledge of psychometric test development
PSI offers a variety of competitive workplace benefits, including financial planning support, time off benefits, employee assistance programs, medical cover and participation rewards. We have a vibrant social culture, and we provide opportunities for employees to engage in volunteering and charity activities.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV and (optionally) a cover letter explaining why this position would be a good match, to the Recruitment Manager at email@example.com.
PSI Services is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, culture and ability.